Somebody finally slowed down Barcelona last week. Now there is a team this week capable of handing Barca its first loss in months.
Sevilla has moved up to No. 14 in the SBI Top 25 European club rnakings, but Freddy Kanoute's club could crack the Top 10 with a crucial home win against the seemingly unstoppable boys from Barcelona.
After a week off, the SBI Top 25 European club rankings are back and, while there isn't much of a change among the top three, the rest of the rankings have shaken up considerably as some teams get hot (like Bayern Munich and Aston Villa) and other teams start to cool off (like Arsenal and Udinese).
Here is this week's SBI European Club Top 25, including the upcoming schedule for the Top 10:
SBI European Club Top 25
1. BARCELONA (9-1-2 league record). Last week- tied Getafe,1-1, last Sunday, beat Sporting Lisbon, 5-2, last Wednesday (UCL). This week- at Sevilla on Saturday.
2. LIVERPOOL (10-1-3). Last week- Tied Fulham, 0-0, last Saturday, beat Marseille, 1-0, last Wednesday. This week- vs. West Ham on Monday.
3. CHELSEA (10-1-3). Last week- Tied Newcastle, 0-0, last Saturday, tied Bordeaux, 1-1, last Wednesday (UCL). This week- vs. Arsenal on Sunday.
4. INTER MILAN (9-1-3). Last week- Beat Juventus, 1-0, last Saturday, lost to Panathanaikos (UCL), 1-0, on Wednesday. This week- vs. Napoli on Sunday.
5. REAL MADRID (8-2-2). Last week- Beat Recreativo Huelva last Saturday, beat BATE Borisov, 1-0, last Tuesday. This week- at Getafe on Sunday.
6. MANCHESTER UNITED (7-2-4). Last week- tied Aston Villa, 0-0, last Saturday, tied Villarreal, 0-0, last Tuesday (UCL). This week- at Manchester City on Sunday.
7. VILLARREAL (7-1-4). Last week- Lost to Valladolid, 3-0, last Saturday, tied Manchester United, 0-0, last Tuesday. This week- at Recreativo Huelva on Sunday.
8. BAYERN MUNICH (8-2-4). Last week- Beat Energie Cottbus, 4-1, last Saturday, beat Steaua Bucahrest, 3-0, last Tuesday. This week- at Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday.
9. AC MILAN (8-2-3). Last week- tied Torino, 2-2, last Sunday, tied Portsmouth, 2-2, last Thursday (UEFA). This week- at Palermo on Sunday.
10. JUVENTUS (7-3-3). Last week- lost to Inter Milan, 1-0, last Saturday, tied Zenit St. Petersberg, 0-0, last Tuesday. This week- vs. Reggina on Saturday.
- 11. Lyon (10-2-3)
- 12. Napoli (7-3-3)
- 13. TSG Hoffenheim (10-3-1)
- 14. Sevilla (7-2-3)
- 15. Aston Villa (7-4-3)
- 16. Atletico Madrid (5-4-3)
- 17. Valencia (7-2-3)
- 18. Arsenal (7-5-2)
- 19. Olympiakos (8-1-2)
- 20. Bordeaux (7-4-4)
- 21. Lazio (7-4-2)
- 22. Ajax Amsterdam (8-3-1)
- 23. Dinamo Kiev (12-1-2)
- 24. Standard Liege (8-2-3)
- 25. Anorthosis Famagusta (8-1-1)
OTHERS RECEIVING CONSIDERATION: Bayer Leverkusen (9-4-1), CSKA Moscow (16-6-8), AZ Alkmaar (8-2-2), Udinese (6-4-3), Fiorentina (7-4-2), Celtic (13-1-1), Marseille (7-2-6), Hamburg (8-4-2), Benfica (6-0-3), Sporting Lisbon (5-3-1)
What do you think of the rankings? Which match-up of ranked teams are you looking most forward to? Which team do you think deserved a much higher ranking?
Share your thoughts on the rankings in the comments section below.