by GIANFRANCO PANIZO
On a weekend where numerous Americans were up for hardware, two came away victorious while one suffered a heart-breaking loss.
Midfielders DaMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu did not dress in the Scottish Cup final, but both ended the season with more hardware as Rangers defeated Falkirk 1-0 on Saturday, exactly six days after winning the Scottish Premier League. Edu was out with a knee injury while Beasley was not selected to the gameday roster.
Tim Howard was not so lucky as Everton let an early lead in the FA Cup final against Chelsea slip away. Strikes from Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard were enough to negate a 30th-second Louis Saha goal in the match played at Wembley Stadium.
FC Midtjylland defender Danny Califf scored a goal against Brondby on Sunday. Califf's goal, which came in the 73rd minute, capped the scoring in the 4-2 victory.
Here is how the rest of the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made three saves in Everton's 2-1 loss vs. Chelsea in the FA Cup final on Saturday.
Maurice Edu did not dress in Ranger's 1-0 win vs. Falkirk in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday.
DaMarcus Beasley did not dress in Rangers' 1-0 win vs. Falkirk in the Scottish Cup final on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore did not dress in Xerez's 3-0 win vs. Eibar on Saturday. He is with the U.S. national team.
- Danny Szetela dressed but did not play in Brescia's 1-0 win vs. Pisa on Saturday.
Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in Rennes' 4-0 loss vs. Marseille on Saturday.
Freddy Adu did not dress in AS Monaco's 0-0 draw vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday. He is with the U.S. national team.
- Quentin Westberg dressed but did not play in Troyes' 2-1 loss vs. Bastia on Friday.
- Danny Califf started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in FC Midtjylland's 4-2 win vs. Brondby on Sunday.
- Jeremiah White did not dress in AGF Aarhus' 2-1 loss vs. Vejle on Sunday.
Benny Feilhaber started and played 90 minutes in AGF Aarhus' 2-1 loss vs. Vejle on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-2 draw vs. Aalborg on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not play in Aalborg's 2-2 draw vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Sunday.
- Preston Zimmerman did not dress in Kapfenberg SV's 4-0 loss vs. Rapid Vienna on Sunday.
Troy Perkins and Valerenga play Viking on Monday.
Clarence Goodson and IK Start play Fredrikstad on Monday.
Hunter Freeman and IK Start play Fredrikstad on Monday.
Mikkel Diskerud and Stabaek play Tromso on Monday.
- Charlie Davies did not play in Hammarby's 1-0 loss vs. AIK on Thursday. He is serving a five-game suspension and is with the U.S. national team.
- Alejandro Bedoya came off the bench and played 45 minutes in Orebro's 1-1 draw vs. Halmstad on Sunday.
- Jose Francisco Torres and Pachuca play UNAM in the Mexican Clausura final on Sunday evening.
American-born Players Playing for Other Countries
Giuseppe Rossi (Italy) started, played 68 minutes and missed a penalty kick in Villarreal's 3-2 win vs. Mallorca on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? Upset that you didn't get to see either Beasley or Edu contribute to Rangers' Scottish Cup win? Disappointed that Howard and Everton fell to Chelsea? Happy to see Danny Califf score a goal just before the United States' World Cup qualifiers?
Share your thoughts below.