Brad Friedel may not have pulled out a victory over Liverpool, but his performance in the midweek match was just his latest impressive showing.
Friedel looked poised for a cleansheet after shutting out Steven Gerrard and company for 90 minutes, before Fernando Torres scored a last-gasp winner in stoppage time. Friedel, who made three saves in Aston Villa's defeat, and the Villans' loss may have dropped them to sixth place, but they remain only five points shy of second-place Manchester United.
Friedel was one of a handful of Americans Abroad involved in midweek action. Here is how the rest fared:
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made three saves in Aston Villa's 1-0 loss vs. Liverpool on Tuesday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 1-0 loss vs. Liverpool on Tuesday.
- Jozy Altidore started and played 55 minutes in Hull City's 2-2 draw vs. Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday.
- DaMarcus Beasley did not dress in Rangers' 7-1 win vs. Dundee United on Wednesday. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Maurice Edu dressed but did not play in Rangers' 7-1 win vs. Dundee United on Wednesday.
- Dominic Cervi and Celtic's match vs. Kilmarnock was postponed on Wednesday.
What do you think of these performances? Impressed by Friedel's showing? Disappointed not to see Edu take part in Rangers' rout of Dundee?
Share your thoughts below.