by FRANCO PANIZO
Everton's season has not gone quite as expected, but on Monday, Tim Howard helped the club do something it hadn't done in its past seven games: Win.
Howard helped Everton end a seven-game winless streak that dated back to Nov. 8, making seven saves in the Toffees' 2-0 victory over Burnley. The win pushed Everton to 11th place, four points away from the drop zone.
Jonathan Spector and West Ham United are also trying to avoid relegation, but they took a step back in accomplishing that goal. West Ham lost 2-0 to Tottenham, and Spector came off the bench and played 71 minutes, his first appearance for the Hammers since Dec. 5.
Howard and Spector were just a couple of several Americans Abroad in action on Monday. Here is how the rest of the Americans Abroad did:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made seven saves in Everton's 2-0 win vs. Burnley.
- Clint Dempsey started and played 90 minutes in Fulham's 2-1 loss vs. Chelsea.
- Eddie Johnson did not dress in Fulham's 2-1 loss vs. Chelsea.
- Jonathan Spector came off the bench and played 71 minutes in West Ham's 2-0 loss vs. Tottenham Hotspur.
Marcus Hahnemann and Wolverhampton Wanderers play Manchester City on Monday afternoon.
COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Jay DeMerit started and played 90 minutes in Watford's 2-2 draw vs. Bristol City.
- Frank Simek and Sheffield Wednesday's match vs. Blackpool was postponed.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Millwall's 2-0 loss vs. Bristol Rovers.
- Ian Joyce started, played 90 minutes and made six saves in Southend United's 2-1 win vs. Leyton Orient.
- Mike Grella dressed but did not play in Leeds United's 4-2 win vs. Stockport County.
- Jemal Johnson did not dress in Milton Keynes Dons' 1-0 loss vs. Huddersfield Town.
- Jon-Paul Pittman started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Wycombe Wanderers' 5-2 loss vs. Brighton.
What do you think of these performances? Think Everton and Howard are ready to distance themselves away from the drop zone? Do you see West Ham and Spector fighting relegation all season long? Glad to see Pittman represent with a goal?
Share your thoughts below.