Thierry Henry's long-awaited arrival as Major League Soccer's newest star will take place today, when he is introduced by the New York Red Bulls at a press conference today at Red Bull Arena.
Rumored to be heading to New York for more than a year now, Henry joins New York as the club's most famous acquisition and is a good bet to be one of the best players to ever take the field in Major League Soccer. He won't create quite the buzz that David Beckham did, but he has a very good chance of being the most dominant player the league has ever seen.
Here are some quick notes on Henry:
- He has announced his retirement from the French national team
- He is likely to make his Red Bulls debut against Tottenham in the New York Football Challenge on June 22nd.
- He won't be playing in the Red Bulls' road match against Columbus.
- His MLS debut could come in Houston on July 31st against the Dynamo.
- His home MLS debut is currently scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 11 against Toronto FC
Stay tuned this afternoon for a live feed of the press conference, which kicks off at 1:15pm, as well as SBI's coverage of the event.
For now, share your thoughts on Henry's arrival. Wish New York had made Henry's unveiling open to the public? Think Henry can dominate in MLS? See the Red Bulls as the MLS Cup favorites, or is LA still the team to beat?
Share your thoughts below.