By FRANCO PANIZO
Clint Dempsey has made history.
Dempsey became the first American to score 10 goals in a Premiership season on Saturday, netting on fellow American Tim Howard in Fulham's 2-1 loss to Everton. The goal, which came off a one-timed left-footed shot, saw Dempsey break Brian McBride's record of goals scored in an EPL campaign. Dempsey has eight games left to build on his newly-acquired record.
Freddy Adu and Zak Whitbread found the back of the net for their respective clubs, too. Adu scored his second goal for Caykur Rizespor, hitting the winner in the club's 2-0 victory against Akhisar Belediyespor. Whitbread bagged his first goal for Norwich City, heading a free kick over Brad Guzan and into the net in Norwich's 1-1 draw with Hull City.
Maurice Edu also enjoyed success this weekend as Rangers defeated Celtic in overtime to claim the Scottish Co-operative Insurance Cup (Scottish League Cup). Edu started and played 120 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 triumph.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made one save in Everton's 2-1 win vs. Fulham on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Fulham's 2-1 loss vs. Everton on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in Aston Villa's 1-0 loss vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Marcus Hahnemann dressed but did not play in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 1-0 win vs. Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in West Ham United's 0-0 draw vs. Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 78 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 1-0 loss vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones started and played 90 minutes in Blackburn Rovers' 2-2 draw vs. Blackpool on Saturday.
- Conor Doyle dressed but did not play in Derby County's 2-2 draw vs. Crystal Palace on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread started, played 90 minutes, received a yellow card and scored a GOAL in Norwich City's 1-1 draw vs. Hull City on Saturday. You can see the goal here. You can see the goal here.
- Eric Lichaj started, played 90 minutes and scored an OWN GOAL in Leeds United's 2-0 loss vs. Sheffield United on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 3-2 loss vs. Swansea City on Saturday. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Eddie Johnson started and played 74 minutes in Preston North End's 2-1 win vs. Coventry City on Saturday.
- Brad Guzan started, played 90 minutes and made 7 saves in Hull City's 1-1 draw vs. Norwich City on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 1-0 win vs. AFC Bournemouth on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin started and played 90 minutes in Plymouth Argyle's 1-0 loss vs. Rochdale on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started and played 62 minutes in Swindon Town's 0-0 draw vs. Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 120 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 win vs. Celtic in the Scottish Co-operative Insurance Cup final on Sunday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 2-1 loss vs. Rangers in the Scottish Co-operative Insurance Cup final on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 2-0 win vs. TSG Hoffenheim on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley did not dress for Hannover 96.
- Ricardo Clark started, played 61 minutes and received a yellow card in Eintracht Frankfurt's 2-1 win vs. St Pauli on Saturday.
- Daniel Williams did not dress in SC Freiburg's 2-1 loss vs. Bayern Munich on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Timothy Chandler started, played 72 minutes and received TWO yellow cards in Nurnberg's 3-1 loss vs. Werder Bremen on Saturday.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in MSV Duisburg's 1-0 win vs. Fortuna Dusseldorf on Friday.
- Luis Robles dressed but did not play in Karlsruhe's 5-1 loss vs. TSV 1860 Munich on Friday.
- Edson Buddle started and played 76 minutes in FC Ingolstadt 04's 1-1 draw vs. Hertha Berlin on Friday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress for FC Ingolstadt 04. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Bobby Wood dressed but did not play in TSV 1860 Munich's 5-1 win vs. Karlsruhe on Friday.
- Alfredo Morales dressed but did not play in Hertha Berlin's 1-1 draw vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Friday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 55 minutes in St Etienne's 0-0 draw vs. Lorient on Saturday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 3-0 loss vs. Angers on Friday.
- Oguchi Onyewu dressed but did not play in Twente Enschede's 2-0 win vs. Excelsior on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore and Bursaspor play Ankaragucu on Monday.
BANK ASYA 1. LIG
- Freddy Adu started, played 62 minutes and scored a GOAL in Caykur Rizespor's 2-0 win vs. Akhisar Belediyespor on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 45 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 3-2 win vs. KAA Gent on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst dressed but did not play in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-1 loss vs. Esbjerg on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 2-1 win vs. Lyngby on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe started, played 45 minutes and received a yellow card for Aalborg BK.
- Clarence Goodson did not dress in Brondby IF's 3-1 loss vs. FC Copenhagen on Sunday. He is recovering from a toe injury.
- Benny Feilhaber started, played 45 minutes and received a yellow card in AGF Aarhus' 2-0 win vs. Hobro on Friday.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 7-0 loss vs. Lillestrom on Sunday.
- Josh Gatt came off the bench and played 33 minutes in Molde FK's 3-0 loss vs. Sarpsborg 08 on Friday.
- Jose Torres started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Pachuca's 0-0 draw vs. Pumas UNAM on Sunday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench, played 45 minutes and received a yellow card for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo dressed but did not play in Puebla's 1-0 win vs. Necaxa on Sunday.
- Sammy Ochoa did not dress in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 0-0 draw vs. Tigres UANL on Friday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 5-1 win vs. Chiapas on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein dressed but did not play in Tigres UANL's 0-0 draw vs. Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G. on Friday.
- Gustavo Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Santos Laguna's 1-0 loss vs. Morelia on Saturday.
What do you think of Dempsey making history? How many more do you see him scoring this season? Impressed by Adu's right-footed finish? Surprised that was Whitbread's first goal with Norwich City? Think Edu should start for the U.S. national team against Argentina?
Share your thoughts below.