By FRANCO PANIZO
Clint Dempsey just cannot and will not stop scoring.
Just as Fulham looked set for defeat against Chelsea in their Monday match-up, Dempsey headed home the equalizer to give Fulham a 1-1 draw. The goal was Dempsey's third in his last two games and gives him 22 across all competitions this season.
On a day where over two dozen Americans had games, Dempsey was not the only American to find the back of the net. Mike Grella opened his account for League One side Bury, netting the opener in a 4-1 win over Colchester United. The goal was Grella's first for any club since bagging four in one game last November.
One player who did not score, but did make his professional debut was Billy Schuler. The former North Carolina forward came off the bench in stoppage time in Hammarby's 1-0 win against Halmstad, a match that marked Gregg Berhalter's official debut as a head coach for Hammarby. Ryan Miller started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card for Halmstad in the second division Sweden match.
Here is how the Americans Abroad did on Monday:
- Tim Howard started and played 90 minutes in Everton's 4-0 win vs. Sunderland.
- Marcus Hahnemann did not dress for Everton.
- Tim Ream started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 2-0 loss vs. Newcastle United.
- Stuart Holden did not dress for Bolton Wanderers. He is recovering from an injury.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 2 saves in Tottenham Hotspur's 2-1 loss vs. Norwich City.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-1 win vs. Tottenham Hotspur.
- Eric Lichaj started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Aston Villa's 1-1 draw vs. Stoke City.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Fulham's 1-1 draw vs. Chelsea.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-0 win vs. Leeds United. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Robbie Rogers came off the bench and played 14 minutes in Leeds United's 2-0 loss vs. Derby County.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 1-0 win vs. Peterborough United.
- Daniel Potts did not dress in West Ham United's 3-3 draw vs. Birmingham City.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in Birmingham City's 3-3 draw vs. West Ham United. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Mike Grella started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Bury's 4-1 win vs. Colchester United.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Walsall's 1-0 loss vs. Charlton Athletic.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 0-0 draw vs. Scunthorpe United.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in Sporting CP's 1-0 win vs. Benfica.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Brondby IF's 1-1 draw vs. HB Koge.
- Brad Rusin dressed but did not play in HB Koge's 1-1 draw vs. Brondby IF.
- Conor O'Brien started and played 90 minutes in SonderjyskE's 1-1 draw vs. Odense BK.
- Josh Gatt started and played 90 minutes in Molde FK's 2-1 win vs. Brann.
- Steve Clark started and played 90 minutes in Honefoss BK's 1-1 draw vs. Fredrikstad.
- Ricardo Clark started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 3-0 loss vs. Tromso.
- Sean Cunningham started and played 90 minutes for Stabaek IF.
- Billy Schuler came off the bench and played 1 minute in Hammarby IF's 1-0 win vs. Halmstads BK.
- Ryan Miller started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Halmstads BK's 1-0 loss vs. Hammarby IF.
What do you think of Dempsey's latest goal? Think Grella will score more for Bury in the coming weeks? What are your thoughts on the rest of the performances?
Share your thoughts below.