BY DAN KARELL
Mario Balotelli’s days with Manchester City appear to be numbered, and now word has surfaced of the English Premier League champions putting a specific price tag on the enigmatic striker.
Inter Milan has the first option to buy Balotelli, but Man City has let AC Milan know that the Italian national team striker can be had for €30 million, the same total Manchester City paid for Balotelli in 2010.
Injuries and a very public dust-up with manager Roberto Mancini have put Balotelli’s future in jeopardy with Manchester City
Here are some more stories to get your Friday going:
TERRY NEARS RETURN
Chelsea captain John Terry inched closer to his Chelsea return, with a solid 45-minute performance with the Chelsea U-21’s against Fulham last night at the Blues’ Cobham training ground.
The 32-year-old defender started the match and said afterwards that he had no pain in his knee, and was anxious to get back into the first team.
Terry has missed 16 games for Chelsea since injuring his ligaments in his right knee on November 11, in a 1-1 draw against Liverpool.
ZLATAN ESCAPES LFP BAN
Star forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic saved his club Paris Saint Germain from worry this morning after he was cleared of guilt by the LFP from an incident in last month against Lyon.
During the match on December 16, Ibrahimovic stepped on Lyon center back Dejan Lovren’s head as Ibrahimovic attempted to jump over the falling defender. Ibra’s foot came down on the side of Lovren’s face as it was coming back to the ground.
In a statement released after a hearing yesterday between both parties and the LFP, the federation announced that “it couldn’t establish beyond doubt that Ibrahimovic had intentionally walked on Lovren.”
Had Ibrahimovic been found guilty, he would likely have received a three-match ban, according to reports. The Swedish international has 18 goals this season for PSG, who are top of the table in Ligue 1.
BOATENG WON’T BE LEAVING MILAN, DECLARES VP GALLIANI
A.C. Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has declared that midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng will not be leaving the San Siro during this transfer window, or for the foreseeable future.
Boateng garnered massive media attention when he walked out of a friendly match last week against Pro-Patria after experiencing racist abuse from the home fans, and has recently said he would speak with his agent and decide if he still wanted to play in Italy.
However, Galliani has all but ended any debate of Boateng leaving Milan.
Montpellier and Morocco midfielder Younes Belhanda has picked up a groin injury in training, possibly ruling him out of the African Cup of Nationa. (REPORT)
West Bromwich reject £5 million bid from Queens Park Rangers for Swedish international Jonas Olsson. (REPORT)
Former Portuguese international Luis Boa Morte has been released by League Two side Chesterfield. (REPORT)
New Cruz Azul signings Nicolás Bertolo and Teófilo Gutiérrez will make their debut’s for the club this weekend in the match against San Luis. (REPORT)
What do you think of these reports? When do you see Terry making his full Chelsea comeback? Should Zlatan have deserved a ban for his actions? Do you think Boateng should stay in Italy?
Share your thoughts below.