Hazard charged by FA for ball boy incident

Hazard charged by FA for ball boy incident

Featured

Hazard charged by FA for ball boy incident

As expected, Eden Hazard has been charged by the English FA for kicking a ball boy in this past Wednesday’s league cup semifinal match against Swansea City.

The FA charged Hazard on Friday for his violent conduct earlier in the week, but ruled that there was not sufficient enough evidence to hand him the customary three-match suspension. The Belgian winger, who apologized to the ball boy after the match, has until Jan. 29 to respond to the charge.

Hazard could still face a harsher penalty after that date, but will be relieved to know he is not going to face criminal charges.

While Hazard is being punished for his well-publicized actions, the FA also said on its website that clubs need to make sure field personnel act appropriately.

“The FA will remind all clubs of their responsibilities in ensuring ball boys and other personnel around the pitch act in an appropriate manner at all times and will liaise with competitions accordingly,” the FA said.

The incident occurred in the 78th minute of the second leg of Chelsea’s series against Swansea City, as Hazard desperately tried to put the ball back into play while a Swansea ball boy refused.

If you haven’t seen the incident or wish to view it again, here it is:

What do you think of the FA’s decision to charge Hazard for his actions? Should it have been more/less?

Share your thoughts below.

More from

More SBI
Home