It was a long and difficult process choosing 14 writers to represent Soccer By Ives as MLS team correspondents, but it was also a fulfilling one because the quality of the candidates was everything I could have asked for.
Candidates came from all walks of life, from teachers to lawyers to students to coaches. There were even some professional media members in other fields with a strong interest in sports.
Ultimately I chose 14 writers who showed the best potential for being able to convey the emotions and concerns of the 14 MLS fan bases. The process wasn’t a perfect one but I am confident I have found 14 die-hard fans who can represent their fellow fans well.
Now, without further ado, here are your SBI MLS Team Correspondents:
- CHICAGO FIRE—————– Stephen Wattles
- CHIVAS USA———————John Sandate
- COLORADO RAPIDS————-Craig de Aragon
- COLUMBUS CREW—————Rich Fidler
- D.C. UNITED———————Joel Sanderson
- FC DALLAS———————–Casey Corcoran
- HOUSTON DYNAMO————–Alex Swaim
- KANSAS CITY WIZARDS———-Mike Cross
- LOS ANGELES GALAXY———–Nathan Henderson-James
- NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION—-Andrew Karl
- NEW YORK RED BULLS———–Andrew Keh
- REAL SALT LAKE—————–Lee Camblin
- SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES——-Kevin Matthiessen
- TORONTO FC———————Duane G. Rollins
There were some very difficult decisiions to make and there were some quality candidates who did not make this list. I will be contacting those writers who will serve as back-ups to this group. In the event that one of these writers cannot fulfill the duties of the position, the back-up will take over the job (yes, sort of like Miss Universe).
If you didn’t make the list and want to know why, please feel free to email me. I wanted to write everybody back but just did not have the time to. I will look to do so next week but if you want to write me to ask my opinion on your submission please do so.
Thank you again to all of you who took part and for those of yo wondering when you can start reading the work of these 14 writers. I am aiming for Tuesday to be the day, though ideally Monday will settle in as the day. Be sure to check back in to read their work.