Good morning all. Today is the day the English Premier League will crown a champion, determine its European qualifiers and find out which three teams will be dropping down to the Coca Cola Championship.
There is so much on the line it’s tough to imagine all these meaningful games taking place at the exact same time. Here are the top games, with their meanings:
- Manchester United at Wigan– Win and Man U repeats as EPL champions.
- Bolton at Chelsea– If the Blues have a better result than Man U, Chelsea wins the title.
- Newcastle at Everton– Win or tie and Everton clinches a UEFA Cup berth.
- Aston Villa at West Ham– A Villa win and Everton loss gives Aston Villa a UEFA Cup berth.
- Fulham at Portsmouth– win and the Cottagers survive for another season in the EPL.
- Reading at Derby– A win and a Fulham tie or loss puts Reading into safety.
- Blackburn at Birmingham– If Birmingham wins and both Fulham and Reading fail to win, they will survive.
Did you get all that?
The two matches airing live are Chelsea-Bolton and Manchester United-Wigan, though Fulham-Portsmouth will be available on pay per view. If you plan on watching any of the above matches, and will be online, please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and play by play on the matches in the comments section below.
Enjoy the most exciting day of the EPL season.