Good afternoon folks. The results of the most recent You Write the Caption are finally here.
In case you missed it, I posted two photos in the last YWTC, one of Nery Castillo and Sven Goran Erikkson sharing a moment, and another photo of David Beckham and teammates staring high into the air. They weren’t the two funniest photos ever, but I wanted to see if you all could spin some magic.
The results are in and it is clear that the Galaxy photo was the better one to work with. I was only able to come up with five very good captions for the Sven-Nery photo, while I completed a full Top 10 of captions for the Galaxy photo.
The reader with the best caption of the bunch will receive a free t-shirt courtesy of SBI sponsor Objective Apparel. As always, SBI readers can receive free shipping on t-shirts bought from Objectivo. Simply type in the promo code IVES to receive free shipping.
Now without further delay, here are the best captions from the most recent YWTC:
The Top 5 captions for the Sven-Nery photo:
5. So Nery… have the guys from Mexico meet me under those stands after the game, and we can wrap up the deal. And they’ve got your share, I promise. (BRANT)
4. "Castillo, you look confused. I thought only English players didn’t understand my tactics. Are you sure you aren’t English?" (JOHN)
3. Erikkson to Nery: "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." (Chupacabra)
2. Nery, I’m replacing hugo! you have to remember Hugo. He was this tall with a big fro? (GIL)
1. Nevermind what my right hand is doing. Look at my left hand! (Pablo Chicago)
And the Top 10 captions for the Galaxy photo:
10. Says David Beckham to his teammates, "There. You see? That’s how high my salary is compared to yours." (DOMINGHOSA)
9. Abel: "See that cloud up there? THAT’S how high I was when I thought this was a good look for me." (SF)
8. "The Galaxy players meet their newest signing, Peter Crouch (SBI)
7. Beckham- "That’s it, Landon is not taking any more corner-kicks……!!" (MIGHTY)
6. Galaxy players watch during an Alan Gordon finishing drill. (MARK)
5. After receiving word of the horror, the Iraqi government sent its air force over the Home Depot center to drop MREs and water for the Galaxy’s scorched back line. (MIKE CARAMBA)
4. A strong gust of wind sends Posh Spice into Orbit. (DAVE MARTINEZ)
3. Yeah Abel, that smog sure aint helping your hair any. (Zungazan)
2. Beckham and Roberts: "No Abel, there is no spaceship to take you back to the home planet. Now focus on the game please." (ILYA)
And the winner for best caption in the most recent You Write the Caption is:
1. The Galaxy players were not at all surprised when Alexi Lalas’s overinflated ego broke off and floated away. (KENOBI)
Congratulations to Kenobi, who has won a free t-shirt from Objectivo Apparel. Thanks to all of you who took part and definitely be on the look out for another You Write the Caption contest this week.