Good afternoon all. Today is a relatively light schedule as four teams continue their SuperLiga exploits. That doesn’t mean there still aren’t some entertaining match-ups on the slate.
David Beckham’s return to New York leads the way as the golden one plays in front of a packed Giants Stadium today. He will face a struggling Red Bulls team that will be showing up a pair of new players today in Jorge Rojas and Juan Pietravallo.
Not your cup of tea? Don’t fret. There’s more than just Beckham on the MLS schedule.
New York isn’t the only team with new players. The revamped San Jose Earthquakes are in Canada today to face Toronto FC. Newcomers Darren Huckerby and Francisco Lima should be ready to go as San Jose attempts to become the first visiting MLS team to win at BMO Field. It will also be another chance to see young forward Abdus Ibrahim, who I just might be the top candidate for the "next Jozy Altidore" label.
Then we have the actual game of the day, which features red-hot Real Salt Lake against the warming up Chicago Fire. RSL can’t win on the road (and away from the awful field at Rice-Eccles Stdium) so this should be a good test of exactly how far Jason Kreis’ team has come (and no, the ref hater won’t be there, he’s serving the second of his two-game suspension. And for those of you not keeping track, Real Salt Lake is 2-0 in games when Kreis is serving suspensions).
Here are today’s MLS Matches:
- San Jose Earthquakes at Toronto FC, 3pm (HDNet)
- Los Angeles Galaxy at New York Red Bulls, 6:30pm (Fox Soccer Channel)
- Colorado Rapids at FC Dallas, 8:30pm
- Real Salt Lake at Chicago Fire, 8:30pm
And if you forgot how last week’s matches went, here is a recap of the scores along with the corresponding Supporter’s View pieces:
- Wizards 2, Red Bulls 1 (Supporter’s View)
- Chivas USA 1, Los Angeles Galaxy 1 (Supporter’s View)
- Earthquakes 1, Rapids 1 (Supporter’s View)
- Fire 2, Toronto FC 1 (Supporter’s View)
- Real Salt Lake 2, Crew 0 (Supporter’s View)
What will you be looking forward to the most today? Share your thoughts on today’s matches in the comments section below