The Women’s Professional Soccer League announced its allocation of members of the U.S. women’s national team on Tuesday, establishing a foundation for the seven-team league set to kick off next spring.
U.S. Olympic team star Hope Solo and U.S. national team striker Abby Wambach were among the 21 players assigned to the seven teams. Here is a rundown of who went where:
- Bay Area– Nicole Barnhart, Rachel Buehler, Leslie Osborne
- Boston Breakers– Angela Hucles, Kristine Lilly, Heather Mitts
- Chicago Red Stars– Carli Lloyd, Kate Markgraf, Lindsey Tarpley
- Los Angeles– Shannon Box, Stephanie Cox, Aly Wagner
- Sky Blue FC (NJ)– Natasha Kai, Heather O’Reilly, Christie Rampone
- St. Louis– Lori Chalupney, Tina Ellertson, Hope Solo
- Washington Freedom– Ali Krieger, Abby Wambach, Cat Whitehall
What do you think of the allocations? Which team do you think scored the strongest group? The weakest?
Share your thoughts below.