Photo by ISIphotos.com
New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Jon Conway spoke to the media on Monday for the first time since his 10-match suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs last season and rather than address the suspension, or offer any insight into what happened, Conway decided to say nothing.
"The unfortunate incidents that occurred last year is something that's in the past," Conway said. "I've decided to move on with my life and my career and leave the entire matter where it belongs, in the past. The league's dealt with it. I've had to deal with it, and I see no purpose in revisiting it.
"My sole focus right now is playing with the Red Bulls," Conway said. "If you guys have any questions with regard to the team and the league, with regards to playing soccer, I'll be glad to answer them. However, I won't be addressing the past issue."
When asked if the fans deserved an explanation for what happened last season, Conway's response was, "I'd rather not address a past issue."
Conway, who has four games left to serve of his suspension, also refused to corroborate any of the details about the situation surrounding his suspension shared by other members of the Red Bulls staff.
I will offer my full take on Conway's comments on Tuesday. For now, please tell us what you think:
Share your thoughts on Conway's comments, or lack thereof, in the comments section below.