by GIANFRANCO PANIZO
It was a relatively light weekend for the Americans Abroad, but there was still plenty to talk about despite the international fixture schedule.
Mike Grella scored the game-winning goal for Leeds United in their 2-0 win over Stockport County. Grella, who was subbed out in the 72nd minute, netted in the ninth.
Jemal Johnson also found the back of the net, scoring the first goal in Milton Keynes Dons' match against Huddersfield Town. Although Johnson's goal gave the Dons the lead, they would eventually lose, 3-2.
Here is how the rest of the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Ian Joyce did not dress in Southend United's 3-0 win vs. Leyton Orient on Friday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Millwall's 2-0 loss vs. Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started, played 72 minutes and scored a GOAL in Leeds United's 2-0 win vs. Stockport County on Saturday.
- Jemal Johnson started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Milton Keynes Dons' 3-2 loss vs. Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
- Jon-Paul Pittman came off the bench and played 23 minutes in Wycombe Wanderers' 1-0 loss vs. Brighton on Saturday.
- Michael Orozco started and played 90 minutes in San Luis' 0-0 draw vs. Atlas on Friday.
- Edgar Castillo started and played 90 minutes in UANL's 1-1 draw vs. America on Saturday.
- Marco Vidal started and played 54 minutes in Indios de Ciudad Juarez's 2-0 loss vs. Cruz Azul on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? Excited to see Grella score? Is Johnson starting to be someone you hope gets a call-up? Think Orozco or Castillo are the solution to the U.S.'s problematic left back spot?
Share your thoughts below.