By AVI CREDITOR
There are a number of Americans in action overseas on Wednesday, but none have the charge that Brad Friedel does: Stop Arsenal.
The Gunners have scored at least two goals in six consecutive Premier League games, including a 3-0 drubbing of Villa Dec. 27., and they're unbeaten in their last nine EPL matches (seven wins, two draws).
With a win, the Villains could get right back in the hunt for a Top-4 spot. They currently have 36 points through 21 games. Tottenham, in fourth, have 41 points through 23 matches.
Americans Abroad Wednesday:
- Brad Friedel and Brad Guzan – Aston Villa vs. Arsenal, 2:45 p.m. EST
- Landon Donovan and Tim Howard – Everton vs. Sunderland, 3 p.m
- Frank Simek – Sheffield Wednesday at Scunthorpe, 2:45 p.m.
- Maurice Edu and DaMarcus Beasley – Rangers at St. Mirren, 2:45 p.m.
- Dominic Cervi – Celtic vs. Hibernian, 2:45 p.m.
Americans Abroad Tuesday:
- Marcus Hahnemann – 90 minutes in goal, one save in 0-0 draw for Wolverhampton vs. Liverpool
- Jonathan Spector – 90 minutes at left back in 1-1 draw for West Ham at Portsmouth
- Jemal Johnson – 79 minutes at midfield for Stockport County in 1-1 draw vs. Brighton
- Zak Whitbread – Didn't play, in 18 for Norwich in 2-1 loss at Walsall
- Mike Grella – Didn't play, in 18 for Leeds 3-0 loss to Swindon Town
- Ian Joyce – Not in 18 for Southend in 2-0 loss to Millwall