If there is one young American Abroad player who is currently flying under the radar, that player is midfielder Mikkel Diskerud.
Diskerud made his fifth consecutive start and eleventh overall for Stabaek in its 3-1 win against Stromsgodset. The 19-year-old, who has scored a goal and assisted on another this season, went the distance in the victory that saw Stabaek move up to ninth place in Norway's standings.
It wasn't all good news this weekend, however. Jose Francisco Torres and Pachuca were eliminated from the Liguilla with a 1-0 defeat to Toluca in the second leg of the semifinals tilt, while Benny Feilhaber and AGF Aarhus were trounced from Denmark's first division after a 3-0 loss to Odense BK.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in AC Milan's 3-0 win vs. Juventus on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra did not dress in Stade Rennes' 1-0 loss vs. Boulogne on Saturday. He is recovering from an abdominal injury.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 2-1 loss vs. AJ Auxerre on Saturday.
- Eddie Johnson did not dress in Aris Salonika's 0-0 draw vs. Olympiakos on Sunday. He is with the U.S. national team and is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Freddy Adu dressed but did not play in Aris Salonika's 0-0 draw vs. Olympiakos on Sunday.
- Benny Feilhaber came off the bench and played 33 minutes in AGF Aarhus' 3-0 loss vs. Odense BK on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 3-3 draw vs. Ebjerg on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. Koge on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. Koge on Sunday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Alejandro Bedoya and Orebro SK play Trelleborgs FF on Monday.
- Ryan Miller started and played 90 minutes in Halmstads BK's 2-0 win vs. Djurgarden on Saturday.
- Michael Thomas dressed but did not play in Halmstad's BK's 2-0 win vs. Djurgarden on Saturday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 3-0 win vs. Kongsvinger on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 3-0 win vs. Kongsvinger on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek's 3-1 win vs. Stromsgodset on Sunday.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 3-0 loss vs. Rosenborg on Sunday.
- Jose Francisco Torres started and played 90 minutes in Pachuca's 1-0 loss vs. Toluca in the second leg of the semifinals of the Liguilla. Pachuca is eliminated with on a 3-2 aggregate.
- Michael Hoyos dressed but did not play in Estudiantes La Plata's 4-1 win vs. Colon de Santa Fe on Sunday.
What do you think of Diskerud making his eleventh start for Stabaek? Think Pachuca and Torres deserved to reach the Liguilla final? Where do you see Feilhaber playing next season?
Share your thoughts below.