By FRANCO PANIZO
Herculez Gomez made his regular season debut for Pachuca this weekend, as the Tuzos tromped America, 3-0, to start off their Apertura campaign.
Just as he had for much of his time with former club Puebla and the U.S. national team this summer, Gomez came off the bench, playing 32 minutes in Pachuca's win. Teammate Jose Torres started and went the distance.
Edgar Castillo also debuted with his new club, San Luis, this weekend. Castillo was also used as a substitute, playing 29 minutes in a 1-1 draw against Monterrey.
Here is how the rest of the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-1 loss vs. Sonderjyske on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 2-0 loss vs. Brondby on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress in Aalborg BK's 2-0 loss vs. Brondby on Sunday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Alejandro Bedoya and Orebro SK play Elfsborg on Monday.
- Ryan Miller dressed but did not play in Halmstads BK's 1-0 win vs. IFK Goteborg on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in IK Start's 2-1 win vs. Molde on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in IK Start's 2-1 win vs. Molde on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 39 minutes in Stabaek's 2-1 loss vs. Rosenborg on Sunday.
- Steve Clark and Honefoss BK play Lillestrom on Monday.
- Jose Francisco Torres started and played 90 minutes in Pachuca's 3-0 win vs. America on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 32 minutes in Pachuca's 3-0 win vs. America on Saturday.
- Marco Vidal dressed but did not play in Pachuca's 3-0 win vs. America on Saturday.
- Edgar Castillo came off the bench and played 29 minutes in San Luis' 1-1 draw vs. Monterrey on Saturday.
How would you rate Gomez's debut? What did you think of Torres' performance? Expecting Castillo to have a big season with San Luis?
Share your thoughts below.