By FRANCO PANIZO
Jermaine Jones' road to a full recovery took another step in the right direction, as Jones did something that he had not done in more than a year.
Jones started and played a full 90 minutes in a Bundesliga match for the first time since May 2009 in Schalke 04's season-opening loss to Hamburg. The full match was Jones' second straight after having played the entirety of last week's DFP Pokal match.
A pair of Americans also scored goals in their respective matches. Sacha Kljestan scored his first Belgian League goal with a header in RSC Anderlecht's 3-0 win over KSC Lokeren, while Sammy Ochoa took advantage of a goalkeeping howler in Tecos' 3-2 triumph against San Luis.
Clarence Goodson also netted this weekend, but he did so against his own team. Goodson opened the scoring in IK Start's 2-2 tie with Viking by heading the ball into his own net.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made one save in Everton's 1-1 draw vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started and played 61 minutes in Fulham's 2-2 draw vs. Manchester United on Sunday.
- Eddie Johnson did not dress for Fulham.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made five saves in Aston Villa's 6-0 loss vs. Newcastle United on Sunday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Eric Lichaj dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Marcus Hahnemann started, played 90 minutes and made one save in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 1-1 draw vs. Everton on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in West Ham United's 3-1 loss vs. Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 3-1 win vs. West Ham United on Saturday.
- Mike Grella dressed but did not play in Leeds United's 3-1 win vs. Millwall on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-0 win vs. Swansea City on Saturday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Conor Doyle started and played 72 minutes in Derby County's 2-1 loss vs. Coventry City on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 4-1 win vs. Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Plymouth Argyle's 2-1 loss vs. Walsall on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 3-0 win vs. Hibernian on Sunday.
- Dominic Cervi dressed but did not play in Celtic's 4-0 win vs. St Mirren on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 2-1 win vs. Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 1-1 draw vs. Nurnberg on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones started and played 90 minutes in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss vs. Hamburg SV on Saturday.
- Ricardo Clark dressed but did not play in Eintracht Frankfurt's 2-1 loss vs. Hannover 96 on Saturday.
- Daniel Williams came off the bench and played 45 minutes in SC Freiburg's 3-1 loss vs. St Pauli on Saturday.
- Kenny Cooper and TSV 1860 Munich play VfL Bochum on Monday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- Matt Taylor did not dress in FSV Frankfurt's 2-1 win vs. Arminia Bielefeld on Friday.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made four saves in MSV Duisburg's 3-1 win vs. VfL Osnabruck on Sunday.
- Luis Robles dressed but did not play in Karlsruhe's 4-1 loss vs. SpVgg Greuther Furth on Sunday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress in FC Ingolstadt 04's 4-1 loss vs. FC Augsburg on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in St Etienne's 0-0 draw vs. Stade Rennes on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 0-0 draw vs. Lille on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in RSC Anderlecht's 3-0 win vs. KSC Lokeren on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst and FC Nordsjaelland play FC Midtjylland on Monday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 2-0 loss vs. Esbjerg on Saturday.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress for Aalborg BK. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Alejandro Bedoya and Orebro SK play AIK on Monday.
- Ryan Miller and Halmstads BK play Malmo FF on Monday.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and scored an own goal in IK Start's 2-2 draw vs. Viking on Sunday. You can see the own goal here.
- Hunter Freeman started and played 90 minutes for IK Start.
- Mikkel Diskerud started, played 77 minutes and had two ASSISTS in Stabaek IF's 4-0 win vs. Honefoss BK on Sunday. You can see the assists here.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 4-0 loss vs. Stabaek IF on Sunday.
- Jose Torres started and played 80 minutes in Pachuca's 2-2 draw vs. Monterrey on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 24 minutes for Pachuca.
- Marco Vidal did not dress for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo did not dress in San Luis' 3-2 loss vs. Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G. on Saturday.
- Sammy Ochoa started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 3-2 win vs. San Luis on Friday.
- Sonny Guadarrama came off the bench and played 26 minutes in Atlante's 2-1 win vs. Chivas de Guadalajara on Saturday.
What do you think of Jones first 90-minute showing since 2009? Which goal did you like more, Kljestan's or Ochoa's? Surprised by Goodson's own goal considering his run of good form?
Share your thoughts below.