By FRANCO PANIZO
Tim Howard and Everton may not have defeated Manchester United, but their 3-3 draw against the Premiership heavyweights surely must have felt like a victory nonetheless.
After falling behind 3-1 in the second half, Everton managed to claim a point through two late goals from Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta. The last-gasp goals prevented the Toffees from suffering their third loss of the season, and will likely give the players a boost in confidence. Howard made three saves against his former club.
Stuart Holden got his first taste of playing against one of England's top clubs when Bolton Wanderers visited Arsenal. Deployed at central midfield, Holden started and played 90 minutes in Bolton's 4-1 loss to Arsenal.
Eddie Johnson and Ricardo Clark made their respective season debuts this weekend. Johnson replaced Clint Dempsey and played seven minutes in Fulham's 2-1 win against Wolves. Clark had a one-minute cameo in Eintracht Frankfurt's rout of Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Here is how the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made three saves in Everton's 3-3 draw vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started and played 83 minutes in Fulham's 2-1 win vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Eddie Johnson came off the bench and played 7 minutes for Fulham.
- Brad Friedel and Aston Villa play Stoke City on Monday.
- Brad Guzan and Aston Villa play Stoke City on Monday.
- Eric Lichaj and Aston Villa play Stoke City on Monday.
- Marcus Hahnemann started, played 90 minutes and made one save in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 2-1 loss vs. Fulham on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in West Ham United's 3-1 loss vs. Chelsea on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 4-1 loss vs. Arsenal on Saturday.
- Mike Grella did not dress in Leeds United's 2-1 win vs. Swansea City on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-1 win vs. Barnsley on Saturday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Conor Doyle came off the bench and played 9 minutes in Derby County's 1-0 loss vs. Sheffield United on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 1-0 win vs. Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Plymouth Argyle's 1-1 draw vs. Colchester United on Saturday.
- Jemal Johnson came off the bench and played 7 minutes in in Milton Keynes Dons' 2-0 loss vs. Brighton on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 win vs. Hamilton Academical on Saturday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 3-0 win vs. Heart of Midlothian on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore dressed but did not play in Villarreal's 4-0 win vs. Espanyol on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in AC Milan's 2-0 loss vs. Cesena on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Hannover 96's 2-2 draw vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley dressed but did not play in Hannover 96's 2-2 draw vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 4-0 loss vs. Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Schalke 04's 2-0 loss vs.TSG Hoffenheim on Friday.
- Ricardo Clark came off the bench and played 1 minute in Eintracht Frankfurt's 4-0 win vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
- Daniel Williams did not dress in SC Freiburg's 2-1 win vs. VfB Stuttgart on Saturday.
- Kenny Cooper did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 2-1 loss vs. MSV Duisburg on Saturday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made one save in MSV Duisburg's 2-1 win vs. TSV 1860 Munich on Saturday.
- Luis Robles and Karlsruhe play Energie Cottbus on Monday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress in FC Ingolstadt 04's 2-1 loss vs. RW Oberhausen on Friday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in St Etienne's 1-0 win vs. Toulouse on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 2-1 loss vs. Stade Rennes on Saturday.
- Freddy Adu did not dress in Aris Salonika's 1-0 loss vs. Panathinaikos on Saturday.
- Sacha Kljestan did not dress in RSC Anderlecht's 2-0 win vs. St. Truiden on Friday.
- Michael Parkhurst did not dress in FC Nordsjaelland's 1-0 win vs. Odense BK on Saturday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 3-2 loss vs. Horsens on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress for Aalborg BK.
- Benny Feilhaber started, played 90 minutes, had two ASSISTS and played a role in forcing an own goal in AGF Aarhus' 7-1 win vs. Hvidovre on Sunday. You can see the assists here.
- Alejandro Bedoya started and played 90 minutes in Orebro SK's 2-1 loss vs. Djurgarden on Sunday.
- Ryan Miller started and played 90 minutes in Halmstads BK's 2-0 loss vs. Hacken on Friday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 3-2 loss vs. Lillestrom on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started and played 90 minutes for IK Start.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 3-2 loss vs. Valerenga on Sunday.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 2-0 loss vs. Haugesund on Sunday.
- Jose Torres started and played 45 minutes in Pachuca's 1-1 draw vs. Chivas de Guadalajara on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 5 minutes for Pachuca.
- Marco Vidal started and played 90 minutes for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo did not dress in San Luis' 1-0 win vs. Pumas UNAM on Sunday.
- Sammy Ochoa started and played 45 minutes in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 1-0 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 1-0 loss vs. Estudiantes Tecos U.A. De G. on Saturday.
Surprised Howard and Everton tied Manchester United? How do you think Holden fared against Arsenal? Think Clark and Johnson's cameos are a sign of things to come?
Share your thoughts below.