Soccer Saturday: Your Running Commentary

Stuart Holden 2 (ISIphotos.com)

Stuart Holden has enjoyed a good start to the season at Bolton, establishing himself as a starter for the Wanderers. Both Holden and Bolton face a stiff test today when they take on Arsenal.

The Bolton-Arsenal tilt is just one of many featuring Americans today. Tim Howard's Everton takes on Manchester United today, while Clint Dempsey's Fulham goes up against Marcus Hahnemann's Wolverhampton.

In MLS play, a handful of quality match-ups will make for some intense action, leading with tonight's Los Angeles-Columbus clash.

If you will be watching today's action, please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (Today's TV schedule is after the jump):

TODAY'S SOCCER ON TV

7:45am- Fox Soccer Plus- Everton vs. Manchester United

9:30am- GolTV- Borussia Dortmund vs. VfL Wolfsburg

10am- Fox Soccer Channel/FSE- Arsenal vs. Bolton

10am- ESPN2- West Ham United vs. Chelsea

11:55am- GolTV- Barcelona vs. Hercules

Noon- DirecTV- Valencia vs. Racing Santander

Noon- Fox Sports Espanol/ESPN3.com- Inter Milan vs. Udinese

Noon- Fox Soccer Channel- West Bromwich vs. Tottenham

12:15pm- Fox Soccer Plus- Burnley vs. Preston North End

12:30pm- ESPN3.com- Bayern Munich vs. Werder Bremen

1:45pm- ESPN3.com- PSV Eindhoven vs. NEC Breda

1:55pm- ESPN3.com- Real Madrid vs. Osasuna

2:30pm- Fox Soccer Plus- Inter Milan vs. Udinese (Delayed)

2:45pm- Fox Soccer Channel- AC Cesena vs. AC Milan

4pm- Telefutura- New York Red Bulls vs. Colorado Rapids

4pm- Direct Kick- Toronto FC vs. D.C. United

4pm- GolTV- Athletic Bilbao vs. Atletico Madrid

6pm-Fox Soccer Channel- Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire

6pm- Telefutura- Queretaro vs. Santos Laguna

7:20pm- GolTV- Millonarios vs. Santa Fe

8pm- Telemundo- Tigres vs. Monterrey

8pm- Telefutura- Pachuca vs. Chivas de Guadalajara

8:30pm- Fox Soccer Channel- Gold Pride FC vs. Philadelphia Independence

10pm- Telemundo- Atlante vs. Tecos

10:30pm- Direct Kick- Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Columbus Crew

10pm- Direct Kick- San Jose Earthquakes vs. FC Dallas

11:30pm- Fox Soccer Channel- Fulham vs. Wolverhampton (Delayed)

———————-

Comments

1. I demand my ESPN Deportes and even though I don’t know their coverage I’ll take FOX Sports Espanol too. If any one has Grande in their area(Texas) I believe they carry every channel mentioned here except GOL TV(available w/ sports pack) in their regular Digital packege. Not forgetting ESPN3.com access as well.
    P.S. If you didn’t already know TIME WARNER will be getting ESPN3.

2. yes i would say so. he’s not claudio reyna but i haven’t seen him misplace a pass yet. he plays relatively deep and has distributed nicely when the ball has come to him. not too many chances for him to move forward but he’s done well enough defensively and has good positional sense. i don’t like to wish ill on anybody but with ricardo not getting time at eintracht, and no other decent striker, i would be totally stunned if we didn’t finally see the 5 man midfield featuring the regulars with holden and mo edu. holden is just better than JFT and edu is better than rico

3. PL is way more physical and the more goals the better you know. La Liga or Serie A is all about technique and style and playing beautiful as you win and attack.

MLS is just playing decent soccer and trying to win.

give it a decade, league will be much better. 18 teams starting next year with half playing in their own stadium. but for christsake the South needs a team so St. Louis or Atl or Miami for 20th team.

4. I think the EPL and Bundesliga have each had more 6 goal games through 4-5 weeks than MLS has had through 20+ weeks. And I’m not sure that’s much of an exageration. In the case of the EPL (but not so much the Bundesliga) some of that can be attributed to the lack of parity, relative to MLS. But that surely doesn’t explain it all.

5. Sorry folks – I was baiting everyone for a response. I think spector gets the short end of the stick playing all along the back line for a team with a very poor defense. I hope he gets back on track so most of the regular posters on SBI can get off his back.

6. I’m sure they didn’t wanna see Spector get raped by Chelsea today. I’m sure he’ll start against the next opponent though. He’s played horribly recent but his competition for rightback isn’t so much better so that should be nice to know.

7. I’m with Time Warner Cable in NYC and the FSC feed is crap, taking up roughly 2/3’s of the screen and dismal picture quality. It’s totally unwatchable.

And this Chelsea game is drifting towards a blow out.

8. The Man Utd v Everton game was moved by the PL from Sunday to Saturday because of Man Utd’s CL game on Tuesday. ESPN and FSC both agreed to leave the game on the networks they were originally scheduled to be shown on to eliminate any confusion because both networks had already advertised their respective games.

9. Damn…I thought I was gonna be multi-tasking watching Bolton on FSE and Fulham through a stream but I can’t find a feed for the Fulham match!

10. Why does Gary Neville still play. He routinely gets abused whenever he plays. Against Bayern and Chelsea last year, today, and everytime! Play O’Shea there and put Park in midfield, or start Da Silva instead of Neville.

11. I could be wrong but I think all of the games were supposed to be 10:00AM EST kickoff this week so ESPN got the 10:00 Chelsea match. But the Premiere League moved Everton v Manchester United to the early kickoff rather late so Fox just kept it for Fox Soccer Plus.

12. Leo, thanks for the info. Frustrating to say the least, especially now that I am an early riser. JustinTV doesn’t quite cut it when you are accustomed to HD.

But back to football, interesting Rooney was left out of the squad. Maybe best to let things cool down for his and his family’s sake. Trust in Sir Alex.

13. The ultimate cable package, ESPN, ESPN2, FSC, FSC+ and Gol Tv. Too bad we cannot get them all in one. Cable commie Crooks!

14. ESPN got Chelsea v West Ham out of the sloppy seconds bin. From what I can gather, ESPN licenses the stream from Fox for whatever Fox won’t be showing.

I refuse to pay for Fox Soccer Plus; I’m already paying DirecTV $15/mo for Fox Soccer Channel. They should really make a Soccer package that won’t cost $30/mo.

15. ESPN doesn’t have the early game anymore or just this week? I do not have Fox Soccer Plus since I have to pay extra for it. Fox is evil getting the Man Utd game and then not putting on the regular Fox Soccer Channel. Ives, what gives?