By FRANCO PANIZO
Tim Howard and Everton did something this weekend that they had yet to do this season.
The Toffees finally won.
Howard and Everton earned their first three points of the Premiership campaign as they defeated Birmingham, 2-0, at St Andrews Stadium. The result marked Howard's second cleansheet of the season despite him not having to make a save in the match.
This weekend was one to remember for Luis Robles, who earned his first start for his new club, Karlsruhe. Robles helped Karlsruhe avoid defeat while also improving his chances of getting more playing time with five saves in the club's 1-1 draw against FC Ingolstadt 04.
It wasn't all good news this weekend. Jermaine Jones was ejected from Schalke 04's 2-1 loss against Nurnberg, while Jonathan Spector once again failed to dress for West Ham United in its 1-1 draw with Fulham.
Here's how the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
- Tim Howard started and played 90 minutes in Everton's 2-0 win vs. Birmingham on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Fulham's 1-1 draw vs. West Ham United on Saturday.
- Eddie Johnson started and played 77 minutes for Fulham.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in Aston Villa's 2-1 loss vs. Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Eric Lichaj did not dress for Aston Villa.
- Marcus Hahnemann started, played 90 minutes and made eight saves in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 2-0 loss vs. Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in West Ham United's 1-1 draw vs. Fulham on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 1-1 draw vs. West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
- Mike Grella did not dress in Leeds United's 2-1 loss vs. Ipswich Town on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 3-0 win vs. Bristol City on Saturday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 0-0 draw vs. Swansea City on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 1-0 loss vs. Peterborough United on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Plymouth Argyle's 1-0 loss vs. Hartlepool United on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 win vs. Heart of Midlothian on Saturday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 3-1 win vs. Hamilton Academical on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore dressed but did not play in Villarreal's 2-0 win vs. Racing Santander on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in AC Milan's 1-0 win vs. Parma on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 1-0 loss vs. St Pauli on Friday.
- DaMarcus Beasley dressed but did not play for Hannover 96.
- Michael Bradley started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 1-1 draw vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 53 minutes and received two yellow cards in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss vs. Nurnberg on Saturday.
- Ricardo Clark did not dress in Eintracht Frankfurt's 2-1 win vs. VfB Stuttgart on Sunday.
- Daniel Williams dressed but did not play in SC Freiburg's 3-2 win vs. FC Cologne on Saturday.
- Kenny Cooper did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 1-0 win vs. FC Union Berlin on Sunday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in MSV Duisburg's 3-0 win vs. RW Oberhausen on Friday.
- Luis Robles started, played 90 minutes and made five saves in Karlsruhe's 1-1 draw vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Friday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress in FC Ingolstadt 04's 1-1 draw vs. Karlsruhe on Friday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in St Etienne's 1-1 draw vs. Marseille on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 3-0 win vs. Lens on Saturday.
- Quentin Westberg dressed but did not play in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 3-3 draw vs. Clermont Foot on Friday.
- Freddy Adu did not dress in Aris Salonika's 1-0 win vs. PAOK Salonika on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan did not dress in RSC Anderlecht's 5-1 loss vs. Standard Liege on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 1-1 draw vs. Esbjerg on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy and Aalborg BK play Odense BK on Monday.
- Chris Rolfe and Aalborg BK play Odense BK on Monday.
- Benny Feilhaber started and played 90 minutes in AGF Aarhus' 0-0 draw vs. Naestved on Saturday.
- Alejandro Bedoya did not dress in Orebro SK's 2-1 loss vs. Hacken on Sunday. He was suspended for the match due to his ejection in last week's match.
- Ryan Miller started and played 90 minutes in Halmstads BK's 2-0 win vs. Brommapojkarna on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in IK Start's 1-1 draw vs. Tromso on Sunday.
- Hunter Freeman started and played 90 minutes for IK Start.
- Mikkel Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 2-1 win vs. Aalesunds on Sunday.
- Steve Clark dressed but did not play in Honefoss BK's 3-2 loss vs. Brann on Saturday.
- Jose Torres came off the bench and played 22 minutes in Pachuca's 3-1 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 6 minutes for Pachuca.
- Marco Vidal started and played 90 minutes for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo came off the bench, played 19 minutes and received a yellow card in San Luis' 1-0 win vs. Tigres UANL on Saturday.
- Sammy Ochoa started and played 52 minutes in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 0-0 draw vs. Chiapas on Friday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 3-1 loss vs. Pachuca on Saturday.
What do you think of this weekend's performances? Relieved to see Howard and Everton finally win? Think Robles will start again next week? Disappointed with Jones getting sent off? Starting to worry about Spector's situation with West Ham?
Share your thoughts below.