Soccer Tuesday: Your Running Commentary

European Championship qualifying is in full swing today, with a plethora of key matches to choose from this afternoon.

England faces Montenegro in a key clash, while the Netherlands takes on Sweden in another intriguing match-up. Defending World Cup champions Spain face Scotland

If you want something besides European soccer, then tonight's CONCACAF vs. CONMEBOL friendlies should do the trick. Mexico takes on Venezuela on the same night the United States faces Colombia.

If you will be watching today's soccer action, please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below (And be sure to look out for SBI's Live Commentary from tonight's USA-Colombia match).

Enjoy the action (Today's TV schedule is after the jump):

TODAY'S TV SCHEDULE

1pm– ESPN3.com- Kazakhstan vs. Germany

2:15pm– ESPN3.com- Denmark vs. Cyprus

2:30pm– ESPN3.com- Netherlands vs. Sweden

3pm– Fox Soccer Plus- England vs. Montenegro

3pm– ESPN3.com- Scotland vs. Spain

3pm– ESPN3.com- France vs. Luxembourg

3:45pm– ESPN3.com- Iceland vs. Portugal

5pm– GolTV- China vs. Uruguay (Delayed)

8pm– ESPN2- USA vs. Colombia

8:30pm– Direct Kick- Chicago Fire vs. Kansas City Wizards

9:30pm– Univision- Mexico vs. Venezuela

11:30pm– Telefutura- Seattle Sounders vs. Chivas de Guadalajara

Comments

1. Why isn’t Armenia listed 2nd in Group B? They are tied on points with Ireland, but they have a better goal difference (+5 for Armenia vs. +2 for Ireland) and have scored more goals (9 vs. 7) than Ireland.

2. Surprisingly enough, it’s not the Italians….

From yahoo…

GENOA, Italy (AP)—Serbia’s European Championship qualifier at Italy has been stopped after seven minutes of play due to Serbia fans throwing flares onto the field and lighting fireworks.

Serbia fans also clashed with police earlier in the day and delayed the start of the match for 45 minutes. Then when the game finally began, more flares and fireworks were thrown onto the field, and referee Craig Thomson of Scotland stopped the match.

It was unclear whether the game would resume.

3. What happened in the Italy/Serbia game? On the gamecast it just says a yellow card was issued to a Serbian player, and then the match was suspended and abanoned. ???

4. My brain just exploded as Slovakia and Holland score damn near simultaneously as I watch each game at the same time on Espn3 (picture in picture)

5. Kazakhstan industry best in the world.
    We invented toffee and trouser belt.
    Kazakhstan’s prostitutes cleanest in the region.
    Except of course Turkmenistan’s

6. It’s tough for us, but I’m completely on board with what Yura did. It’s hard to blame him at all, and I want him to succeed except when he is playing us.

Unlike _____, who I hope fails. Am I bitter? Oh, yes.

7. I believe it holds about 18,500 but for the Galaxy it was closer to 19K, I swear if there’s not at least 15K for this match, I will be pissed! Might as well have had the match in Florida or even Houston for that matter where the Colombians would of filled it?

8. as we’ve seen in some other games, I have a feeling that that the walk up ticket sales will be high. That said, ho many does PPL hold?

9. I’m a Union season ticket holder and going to be at the game tonight. If the reports are true that only 7,000+ tix have been sold for tonight is true I am really disappointed in the Philly fanbase. We can’t use it being a weeknight as an excuse either, we just had a record crowd of around 18,900 come out to the Galaxy game. NOW I’m guessing the majority of those people came to see Beckham the STAR. Womp Womp!