Must-See Goal Call: Teal Boon-Boo-Ree

Comments

1. What do you call DeRosario’s spastic chicken dance then? Just another self-perpetuated Canadian myth, like their so-called politeness.

2. Seemed like on the Telefutura broadcast they were sure it was a dive, but Goff also posted highlights from the Chilean broadcast, and those announcers were equally convinced that it was a penalty. Looked like a clear trip to me–I wasn’t sure what the Telefutura guys were on about.

3. With stupid dances like that for scoring a penalty kick, I’m kinda glad he doesn’t play for us. Canadians don’t showboat.

4. I’m betting Stars and Stripes here should actually be named Syrup Sucker. Probably a Canadian trying to stir something up.

5. I thought the funniest part was earlier in the game when the announcer was going crazy because Loyd was wide open on the side and Ream refused to pass the ball his way.

6. Diskerud and Agudelo, very likely.
    Bunbury, possibly.
    Bedoya will certainly be in the picture but I don’t ever see him being a regular starter.

7. The future of our forward line looks bright thanks to many defectors.

sincerely, your friends to the south.

Seriously though, almost all of our forwards could have played for another country. Alitdore (Haiti), Agudelo (Columbia), Bunbury (Canada). While we lost Rossi and Subotic, we gained so many other opions. The future of the USMNT looks bright.

8. I know he is the narrator; I never said he wasn’t. He sucks at that as well. And when he does try to analyze something, he really sucks.

9. Canada isn’t making it to the world cup because they are a small soccer country and not much infrastructure.

Honestly, TFC, Whitecaps, and Impact joining MLS and starting academys is 10x more important then getting Guzman or Bunbury.

I honestly think Bunbury is screwing himself.

I think in the long run Altidore, Agudelo, Wood, Salgado, Nagbe will limit him with the USA, and he will have missed his chance to be with Canada full time, maybe their top scorer, maybe take them to their first world cup in decades.

10. To be honest, I love the commentator’s sense of humor.

My Spanish ain’t perfect, but if I’m not mistaken he basically called the contact in the box non-existent, but nevertheless a penalty.

But he says it in a very interesting way.

(Before all the fluent Spanish speakers come out out of the wood work and correct my extremely loose translation, let me just say that unless I’m completely on the wrong path about the basic gist of what he said, I don’t really care.)

11. Spanish commentary for soccer is priceless! Those guys from last night are always coming up with stuff that has nothing to do with the game which keeps the flow going. Then they come with classics like boon-boo-ree. As far as Dax they call him “el colorado” which means red and they also do your full name which is very funny sometimes. When they do Mexican games they know all the funny nicknames which makes the game so much easier to watch. Also, great is the call when someone hits the woodwork. Can’t be replicated in english but these guys are good.

12. The reason why Canada isn’t reaching the world cup anytime soon is because the top talent is being scooped up by foreign countries. See: Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Jonothan de Guzman (Mallorca), Owen Hargraves (Manchester United), Junior Hoilett (Blackburn Rovers)…

13. I don’t speak Spanish but watched on Telefutura….I heard at one point from the commentators “ginger” and then something I didn’t understand. Did they call Dax the Ginger Ninja in Spanish?

14. who can blame the kid for switching over. He wants to play in world cups and at the highest level which isn’t happening with Canada anytime soon. Now that German kid huertzeller (sp?) that one is shocker.

15. What Ramirez did was funny and had me laughing for once, but the guy could not analyze game if his life depended on it. What is really funny is when Ramirez tries to correct el Profe. Bracamontes and Ramirez is wrong 100% all the time.

16. This is what is missing in American soccer. It’s rare to get a piece of footage or a soundbite that can represent so much, this this is it.

You hear that passion? That’s futbol, baby. That’s futbol.