Soccer Saturday: Your Running Commentary

BerbaBirmingham (ISIPhotos.com)

Revenge will be on the mind of some of England's top teams today in a loaded schedule of soccer around the world.

Manchester United dropped points in controversial fashion when the Red Devils visited Birmingham City last month, but Sir Alex Ferguson's side will look to take all three points at Old Trafford today. Meanwhile, Arsenal will look to defend home turf against the same Wigan side it dropped points to in December.

If you want to see some dominating teams in action, look no further than Germany, where first-place Borussia Dortmund is running wild in the Bundesliga. Barcelona is also in action today and will be looking to erase the memories of a disappointing mid-week Copa Del Rey loss.

If you are watching today's action, please feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below.

Enjoy the action (Today's TV Schedule is after the jump):

TODAY'S SOCCER ON TV

7:45pm- ESPN2/ESPN3.com- Wolverhampton vs. Liverpool

8am- Fox Soccer Plus- Derby County vs. Nottingham Forest

8:25am- Pay Per View- Australia vs. Iraq (Asian Cup)

9:30am- GolTV- Borussia Dortmund vs. VfB Stuttgart

9:30am- ESPN3.com- Bayern Munich vs. Kaiserslautern

10am- Fox Soccer Plus- Arsenal vs. Wigan

10am- Fox Soccer Channel- Manchester United vs. Birmingham City

11:30am- GolTV- Hamburg vs. Eintracht Frankfurt (Delayed)

Noon- Fox Soccer Plus- Palermo vs. Brescia

Noon- ESPN3.com- Sevilla vs. Levante

12:30pm- Fox Soccer Channel- Aston Villa vs. Manchester City

2pm- GolTV- Barcelona vs. Racing Santander

2:4pm- Fox Soccer Channel- AS Roma vs. Cagliari

3pm- ESPN3.com- Argentina vs. Venezuela (CONMEBOL Under-20 Tournament)

4pm- GolTV- Valencia vs. Malaga

5pm- Fox Soccer Channel- Newcastle United vs. Tottenham

5:10pm- ESPN3.com- Chile vs. Uruguay (CONMEBOL Under-20 Tournament)

6pm- Fox Soccer Plus- Everton vs. West Ham United (Delayed)

6pm- Azteca America- Cruz Azul vs. UNAM Pumas

6pm- Telefutura- Queretaro vs. Morelia

6pm- Telemundo- Monterrey vs. Atlante

8pm- Galavision- Santos Laguna vs. Pachuca

8pm- Telemundo- Chivas Guadalajara vs. San Luis

10pm- Telefutura/ESPN3.com- USA vs. Chile

1am- Fox Soccer Channel- Central Coast Mariners vs. Sydney FC

Comments

1. I was wearing my Vermaelen shirt today in support of a speedy return, but the prediction of his being back in six weeks seems fanciful to me. Song is a stop-gap CB, but we would miss him terribly in midfield. Wenger does need to get some cover back there.

2. good news people….

ricardo clark with an excellent first half against Hamburg playing at Centre Back, I honestly like him at CB… very sturdy, good tackler, aggressive, & reads whats in front of him pretty well.. i think hes learned abit of discipline in Germany

If he continues like this at CB he will be involved with US in the coming years for sure.. really happy to see clark & onyewu doing well again (they could be quite a beastly partnership tbh)

3. agreed sir, didnt want to see another wigan comeback like last year.

glad we didnt have to worry about that as RvP got that HAT TRICK! (and he used the right boot for the last one!)

we are just hitting our stride now. if arshavin finds his form and clichy keeps e playing as if hes got a half a mind (as opposed to the start of the campaign) I would be elated.

Now all we need is to dip into the transfer market for a CB (although I dont see it happening for a few reasons) I also hope Vermaelen bounces back strong (say around early April) to end the season. I think the March timeline is pushing it for a player who hasnt played since September (correct me if I’m wrong).

4. haha, and Grant takes off all attackers and puts in wall on D.. and Everton ties it 2-2… another wouldn’t surprise me. 2 min left

5. 2-1 WHU up now! Freddie Piqueonne with the header! Corner was set up by some brilliant play between Parker and Spector. 5 min to hold on…

6. You know, changing Specs to midfield might just be one of best things that Grant has done for 1) West Ham and 2) his job security. I’m not Grant’s biggest fan, but the fact that he was able to identify that Specs is not a defender (something that multiple managers seem to have just overlooked) and that his issues were stemming from that has certainly served him well.

7. It’s funny how things have come full circle for Specs at West Ham.

This time last year he was playing behind Faubert in defense. Now he’s playing in front of the former Real Madrid man : )

He’s been awesome. Besides the goal, he’s been able to utilize he’s passing to perfection on the right. I think he’s a viable option at right midfield for us on the national level.

8. dont know if anyone is watching the hull city game what with all the action clint and specs are providing, but i’ve been switching between the 3 and guzan is looking great. he made a spectacular catch save to prevent a goal and prevent any possible rebound tap in. at 26, he looks primed to step in for howard (31) when his time comes. his loan to hull was only for a month though right? is he going to be back on the pine at villa come february? that surely would be a shame…

9. awesome job putting in the first, drawing the pen and then blasting it home for Dempsey.

Yanks scoring, liverpool winning…. not a bad start to the day, I’m not used to this feeling…. still waiting for something to go wrong

10. I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t think he blames United for anything, except maybe paying him a bunch of money and starting his career for a couple years training and playing with one of the best clubs in the world.

Between United, Charlton, and WHU until now, you’d think it would have been figured out eventually… ha.

11. DEMPSEY!!!!!!! Great touch to get past the defender, gets dragged down in the box, red card to Shawcross and Deuce converts the pk.

12. Dempsey gets taken down in the penalty area and argues to take the PK and guess what… he scores.

That’s his 8th league goal, 9 in all competitions.

He’s leaving Fulham end of the season. You just know it. He’s never score more than 9 goals in any season, so he’s going to break that shortly.

13. I wonder if Spector holds United responsible for ruining half of his career with that defender junk.

He did have that brace against them.

14. Therein lies the problem of not posting customer support numbers or email addresses: if your servers go down, your support web forms won’t work! Too frustrating. Not the most impressive debut for me I must say.

15. WHOA what a good morning of soccer. Thrilled that LFC won, but also really good morning for the Yanks.

Spector just keeps getting better. I’m still kind of in a state of shock over his turn-around. Nice goal, though, and in a league game!

16. I did as well. They got back to me and said they are experiencing technical difficulties. Yeah, no kidding. I am demanding a refund for this month, this is simply inexcusable.

17. Same place as the one where the person with the 4th post about finding a Rangers feed

Gacm32 in response to Fred is where the name of the site is

18. Spector is suddenly one of the top scorers for WH despite only having played in like 8 games all season. How crazy?

I still think he should leave and head to Germany.

19. He has 7 league goals and 1 in the cup =8