By FRANCO PANIZO
Michael Bradley's anticipated first start for Aston Villa came on Wednesday, and while it may have been memorable to Bradley, the result that came with it is one to be forgotten.
Playing in Aston Villa's FA Cup match against Manchester City, Bradley went 71 minutes before being subbed off. Bradley and the rest of the Villans' midfielders were overrun by the talented Gareth Barry and David Silva, and the result was a 3-0 loss that eliminated Aston Villa from the tournament.
Bradley wasn't the only American Abroad player in action on Wednesday. Here is how the others who played on Wednesday fared:
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made five saves in Aston Villa's 3-0 loss vs. Manchester City.
- Michael Bradley started and played 71 minutes for Aston Villa.
- Brad Guzan did not dress for Aston Villa.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 1-0 loss vs. Celtic.
- Dominic Cervi dressed but did not play in Celtic's 1-0 win vs. Rangers.
- Oguchi Onyewu dressed but did not play in Twente Enschede's 1-0 win vs. FC Utrecht.
What do you think of these performances? How do you feel Bradley did in his first EPL start?
Share your thoughts below.