By FRANCO PANIZO
Make that three in a row for Maurice Edu and Rangers.
For the third straight season, Edu and Rangers won the Scottish Premier League title, defeating Kilmarnock, 5-1, on Sunday to do so. Edu started and went the distance in the match that gave Rangers its record 54th Scottish championship.
Michael Bradley didn't start for Aston Villa, but he did make his first league appearance for the club since February with a late cameo in a 2-1 win over Arsenal. Bradley came off the bench, played 10 minutes and helped the relegation-threatened Villans secure their place in the Premiership.
It wasn't all positive this weekend. Jonathan Spector and Ricardo Clark saw their respective clubs get relegated. Spector and West Ham United were dropped after surrendering a lead against Wigan Athletic, and Clark's Eintracht Frankfurt was outdone by German champion, Borussia Dortmund.
Here is how the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made 3 saves in Everton's 1-0 loss vs. West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 89 minutes and received a yellow card in Fulham's 2-0 win vs. Birmingham on Sunday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 5 saves in Aston Villa's 2-1 win vs. Arsenal on Sunday.
- Brad Guzan did not dress for Aston Villa.
- Michael Bradley came off the bench and played 10 minutes for Aston Villa.
- Marcus Hahnemann dressed but did not play in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 3-1 win vs. Sunderland on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector started and played 61 minutes in West Ham United's 3-2 loss vs. Wigan Athletic on Sunday.
- Stuart Holden did not dress in Bolton Wanderers' 4-3 loss vs. Blackpool on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 74 minutes and received a yellow card in Blackburn Rovers' 1-1 draw vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley and Nottingham Forest play Swansea City in the second leg of the promotion playoffs on Monday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 5-1 win vs. Kilmarnock on Sunday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 4-0 win vs. Motherwell on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Hannover 96's 3-1 win vs. FC Nurnberg on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley did not dress for Hannover 96.
- Ricardo Clark did not dress in Eintracht Frankfurt's 3-1 loss vs. Borussia Dortmund on Saturday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Daniel Williams did not dress in SC Freiburg's 1-0 loss vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 3-1 loss vs. Hannover 96 on Saturday.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made 3 saves in MSV Duisburg's 3-1 loss vs. VfL Bochum on Sunday.
- Luis Robles dressed but did not play in Karlsruhe's 3-2 win vs. FC Union Berlin on Sunday.
- Edson Buddle did not dress in FC Ingolstadt 04's 1-0 loss vs. VfL Osnabruck on Sunday. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress for FC Ingolstadt 04. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Bobby Wood did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 3-2 loss vs. SC Paderborn 07 on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Alfredo Morales did not dress in Hertha Berlin's 2-1 win vs. FC Augsburg on Sunday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in St Etienne's 2-1 loss vs. Stade Rennes on Sunday.
- Quentin Westberg started and played 90 minutes in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 3-0 win vs. Troyes on Friday.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in Twente Enschede's 3-1 loss vs. Ajax on Sunday. He is recovering from an abdominal injury.
- Jozy Altidore came off the bench and played 16 minutes in Bursaspor's 3-0 win vs. Kasimpasa on Sunday.
BANK ASYA 1. LIG
- Freddy Adu started, played 90 minutes and got an ASSIST in Caykur Rizespor's 2-1 win vs. Samsunspor on Sunday. You can see the assist here.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 2-1 loss vs. Standard Liege on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 3-2 win vs. Silkeborg IF on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 0-0 draw vs. Esbjerg on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe dressed but did not play for Aalborg BK.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in Brondby IF's 1-0 win vs. FC Midtjylland on Sunday.
- Alejandro Bedoya started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Orebro SK's 2-1 loss vs. Malmo FF on Sunday.
- Ryan Miller came off the bench and played 8 minutes in Halmstads BK's 1-0 win vs. Mjallby on Saturday.
- Gale Agbossoumonde started and played 90 minutes in Djurgardens IF's 0-0 draw vs. Gefle on Sunday.
- Mixx Diskerud and Stabaek IF play Sogndal on Monday.
- Josh Gatt and Molde FK play Lillestrom on Monday.
- Sean Cunningham and Molde FK play Lillestrom on Monday.
What do you think of these performances? Do you see Edu returning to Rangers next season and going for a fourth title, or do you see him heading for greener pastures? Think West Ham or Eintracht Frankfurt is more likely to get promoted next season?
Share your thoughts below.