Photo by ISIphotos.com
By FRANCO PANIZO
Whether it was injuries, being out of form or something else, DaMarcus Beasley had a hard time getting minutes at the club level in recent years.
Those days are long gone, with Beasley's latest performance serving as the latest piece of evidence that Beasley is back.
Beasley continued his renaissance by enjoying a strong outing in Puebla's 4-1 win over Chivas de Guadalajara in which he drew two red cards and a penalty kick. Beasley drew the first red and PK when he was fouled from behind by Jonny Magallon just as he was about to score in front of an empty net following a fine dribbling run from midfield.
Beasley then drew another red card late in the match on defender Kristian Alvarez. Beasley, who has started in each of Puebla's nine games this season, has now more than doubled his appearance total from last season, when he played just four games for Hannover 96.
There was more good news this weekend, as Michael Bradley made his Chievo Verona debut. Bradley came off the bench and played 18 minutes in Chievo's 2-1 loss to Parma, making him the first American to play in Serie A in years.
Two Americans found the back of the net this weekend, with Edson Buddle scoring a brace in FC Ingolstadt's 4-2 win against Dynamo Dresden and Herculez Gomez hitting the insurance goal in Estudiantes Tecos' 2-0 triumph over Club Tijuana.
Here is how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard started and played 90 minutes in Everton's 3-1 win vs. Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and got an ASSIST in Fulham's 2-2 draw vs. Manchester City on Sunday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 1 save in Tottenham Hotspur's 4-0 win vs. Liverpool on Sunday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 1-1 draw vs. Newcastle United on Saturday.
- Eric Lichaj did not dress for Aston Villa. He is recovering from a hip injury.
- Stuart Holden did not dress in Bolton Wanderers' 2-1 loss vs. Norwich City on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-1 win vs. Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Jonathan Spector started, played 74 minutes and received a yellow card in Birmingham City's 4-1 loss vs. Southampton on Sunday.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-1 win vs. Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley came off the bench and played 29 minutes in Nottingham Forest's 2-1 loss vs. Derby County on Saturday.
- Frank Simek did not dress in Carlisle United's 4-1 loss vs. Chesterfield on Saturday. He is recovering from a hip injury.
- Anton Peterlin started and played 64 minutes in Walsall's 2-2 draw vs. Scunthorpe United on Saturday.
- Mike Grella came off the bench and played 31 minutes in Brentford's 3-1 loss vs. Preston North End on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 4-2 win vs. Celtic on Sunday.
- Alejandro Bedoya did not dress for Rangers. He is recovering from a calf injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 4-2 loss vs. Rangers on Sunday.
- Michael Bradley came off the bench and played 18 minutes in Chievo Verona's 2-1 loss vs. Parma on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones did not dress Schalke 04's 2-0 loss vs. Bayern Munich on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo dressed but did not play in Hannover 96's 2-1 win vs. Borussia Dortmund on Sunday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 1-1 draw vs. Werder Bremen on Saturday.
- David Yelldell dressed but did not play in Bayer Leverkusen's 4-1 loss vs. FC Cologne on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales did not dress in Hertha Berlin's 2-2 draw vs. FC Augsburg on Saturday.
- Fabian Johnson did not dress in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 3-1 win vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday. He is recovering from a neck injury.
- Daniel Williams came off the bench and played 4 minutes for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Ricardo Clark did not dress in Eintracht Frankfurt's 4-1 win vs. Hansa Rostock on Friday.
- Luis Robles and Karlsruher SC play St Pauli on Monday.
- Edson Buddle started, played 89 minutes and scored TWO GOALS in FC Ingolstadt 04's 4-2 win vs. Dynamo Dresden on Friday.
- Bobby Wood did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 4-0 win vs. FSV Frankfurt on Sunday.
- Matt Taylor dressed but did not play in SC Paderborn 07's 4-0 win vs. VfL Bochum on Sunday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 2-2 draw vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore started and played 58 minutes in AZ Alkmaar's 2-1 win vs. RKC Waalwijk on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu and Sporting CP play Rio Ave on Monday.
- Eugene Starikov came off the bench and played 45 minutes in FC Tom Tomsk's 4-0 loss vs. Krasnodar on Saturday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 1-0 win vs. KAA Gent on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-0 win vs. Brondby IF on Sunday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 2-0 loss vs. FC Copenhagen on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe started and played 64 minutes for Aalborg BK.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Brondby IF's 2-0 loss vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Sunday.
- Brad Rusin did not dress in HB Koge's 2-0 loss vs. AGF Aarhus on Saturday.
- Conor O'Brien started and played 75 minutes in SonderjyskE's 2-0 loss vs. FC Midtjylland on Sunday.
- Ryan Miller started and played 90 minutes in Halmstads BK's 1-0 loss vs. Kalmar FF on Saturday.
- Samuel Petrone did not dress in Mjallby AIF's 3-0 loss vs. Helsingborg on Sunday.
- Mix Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 3-1 loss vs. Odd Grenland on Sunday.
- Josh Gatt started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Molde FK's 1-0 win vs. Fredrikstad on Saturday.
- Sean Cunningham did not dress for Molde FK.
- Jose Torres started and played 90 minutes in Pachuca's 4-2 win vs. Atlas on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench, played 21 minutes and scored a GOAL in Estudiantes Tecos' 2-0 win vs. Club Tijuana on Sunday.
- Edgar Castillo did not dress in Club America's 5-3 loss vs. Jaguares de Chiapas on Saturday.
- Sonny Guadarrama dressed but did not play in Atlante's 1-0 win vs. Tigres UANL on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 1-0 loss vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley started, played 90 minutes, drew two red cards and a penalty kick in Puebla's 4-1 win vs. Chivas de Guadalajara on Saturday.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 5-3 win vs. Club America on Saturday.
- Michael Orozco started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in San Luis' 1-0 loss vs. Santos Laguna on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? Think Beasley will get called in again by U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann? How do you see Bradley doing this season? Does Gomez deserve a call-up to the U.S. team?
Share your thoughts below.