By FRANCO PANIZO
Brondby IF won its first game since early October in shocking fashion this past weekend, and it can partially thank Clarence Goodson for that.
Along with going the distance and limiting first-place FC Copenhagen to one goal, Goodson scored the opener in Brondby's 2-1 victory on Sunday. The goal, which came off a headed effort following a free kick, was the U.S. international's first of the season.
Robbie Findley also found the back of the net, scoring the first equalizer in Nottingham Forest's 3-2 win against Ipswich Town. Findley upped his league total to two goals when he knocked in a ball from close range after a teammate headed it down to him. Findley now has five goals across all competitions this season.
It wasn't all good news this weekend. Steve Cherundolo once again failed to see time for Hannover 96, dressing but not playing as the club lost to VfL Wolfsburg, 4-1. Cherundolo has just five league appearances this season and has not played in a Bundesliga match since October 23.
Here is how the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
- Tim Howard started and played 90 minutes in Everton's 2-1 win vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
- Marcus Hahnemann did not dress for Everton.
- Clint Dempsey started and played 90 minutes before being substituted in Fulham's 0-0 draw vs. Sunderland on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 1 save in Tottenham Hotspur's 2-0 win vs. Aston Villa on Monday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 2-0 loss vs. Tottenham Hotspur on Monday.
- Eric Lichaj did not dress for Aston Villa. He is recovering from a hip injury.
- Stuart Holden did not dress in Bolton Wanderers' 2-1 loss vs. West Bromwich Albion on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-1 loss vs. Arsenal on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Jonathan Spector started and played 90 minutes in Birmingham City's 1-1 draw vs. Peterborough United on Saturday.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-0 loss vs. Hull City on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley started, played 81 minutes and scored a GOAL in Nottingham Forest's 3-2 win vs. Ipswich Town on Saturday.
- Daniel Potts did not dress in West Ham United's 2-1 win vs. Coventry City on Saturday.
- Frank Simek did not dress in Carlisle United's 1-0 loss vs. Sheffield United on Saturday. He is recovering from a hip injury.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Walsall's 4-2 loss vs. Bury on Saturday.
- Mike Grella came off the bench, played 11 minutes and received a yellow card in Brentford's 1-0 loss vs. Charlton Athletic on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 0-0 draw vs. St Johnstone on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes for Rangers.
- Alejandro Bedoya started and played 76 minutes for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Greenock Morton's 5-1 win vs. Deveronvale in the third round of the William Hill Scottish Cup on Saturday. He was ineligble to play.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Chievo Verona's 2-1 win vs. Catania on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 73 minutes and received a yellow card in Schalke 04's 4-0 win vs. FC Nurnberg on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo dressed but did not play in Hannover 96's 4-1 loss vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 4-0 loss vs. Schalke 04 on Saturday.
- David Yelldell dressed but did not play in Bayer Leverkusen's 2-0 win vs. Kaiserslautern on Friday.
- Alfredo Morales did not dress in Hertha Berlin's 2-2 draw vs. SC Freiburg on Saturday.
- Fabian Johnson started and played 90 minutes in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 2-0 loss vs. Hamburg SV on Sunday.
- Danny Williams dressed but did not play for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Terrence Boyd did not dress in Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 win vs. Bayern Munich on Saturday.
- Ricardo Clark did not play in Eintracht Frankfurt's 4-3 win vs. Alemannia Aachen on Sunday.
- Luis Robles started and played 90 minutes in Karlsruher SC's 2-1 loss vs. SC Paderborn 07 on Friday.
- Edson Buddle came off the bench and played 25 minutes in FC Ingolstadt 04's 1-0 loss vs. TSV 1860 Munich on Friday.
- Bobby Wood did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 1-0 win vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Friday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Matt Taylor came off the bench and played 12 minutes in SC Paderborn 07's 2-1 win vs. Karlsruher SC on Friday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 2-1 win vs. Lorient on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore and AZ Alkmaar's game vs. Excelsior on Sunday was abandoned at halftime due to weather conditions (fog).
- Oguchi Onyewu started and played 90 minutes in Sporting CP's 2-0 win vs. Sporting Braga in the fourth round of the Taca de Portugal on Sunday.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in FC Tom' Tomsk's 3-1 loss vs. FK Rostov-Na-Donu on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 3-1 win vs. St Truiden on Sunday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-0 win vs. SonderjyskE on Sunday.
- Chris Rolfe started and played 84 minutes in Aalborg BK's 3-1 win vs. FC Midtjylland on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Brondby IF's 2-1 win vs. FC Copenhagen on Sunday.
- Brad Rusin started and played 90 minutes in HB Koge's 2-2 draw vs. Lyngby on Sunday.
- Conor O'Brien dressed but did not play in SonderjyskE's 2-0 loss vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Sunday.
- Mix Diskerud started and played 90 minutes in Stabaek IF's 2-1 loss vs. Haugesund on Sunday.
- Josh Gatt did not dress in Molde FK's 3-1 win vs. Sarpsborg 08 on Sunday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Sean Cunningham did not dress for Molde FK.
- Jose Torres did not dress in Pachuca's 1-0 loss vs. Tigres UANL in the first leg of the quarterfinals of the Mexico Apertura Liguilla on Sunday. He is recovering from a foot injury.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 1-0 win vs. Pachuca in the first leg of the quarterfinals of the Mexico Apertura Liguilla on Sunday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 2-2 draw vs. Santos Laguna in the first leg of the quarterfinals of the Mexico Apertura Liguilla on Sunday.
- Diego Restrepo dressed but did not play in America de Cali's 2-0 loss vs. Millonarios on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? Impressed by Goodson's goal? How many total goals do you see Findley scoring this year? Are you worried about Cherundolo's lack of playing time?
Share your thoughts below.