By FRANCO PANIZO
Clint Dempsey just cannot stop scoring.
Four days after scoring the lone goal in the U.S. men's national team's first-ever win against Italy, Dempsey buried two chances in Fulham's 5-0 rout of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Dempsey's goal total now stands at 12 (18 across all competitions), making him the seventh-leading scorer in the Premiership this season.
Dempsey was not the only American to find the back of the net. On a weekend that saw four Americans score, Jozy Altidore continued to make a case for him winning back his starting role with AZ Alkmaar by scoring the winner in a 3-1 triumph over SC Heracles Almelo. Altidore now has 14 goals across all competitions in his first year with the club.
Jermaine Jones and Edgar Castillo did not get on the scoresheet, but they did set up goals in their respective games. In his first Bundesliga game back from an eight-week ban, Jones delivered an assist in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss to SC Freiburg. Castillo grabbed his second assist of the season after heading the ball to a teammate following a dribbling run that left two defenders in his rear-view mirror.
Here is how the Americans Abroad did this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made 4 saves in Everton's 1-1 draw vs. Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.
- Marcus Hahnemann did not dress for Everton.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and scored TWO GOALS in Fulham's 5-0 win vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 2 saves in Tottenham Hotspur's 3-1 loss vs. Manchester United on Sunday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 1-1 draw vs. Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
- Eric Lichaj dressed but did not play for Aston Villa.
- Stuart Holden did not dress in Bolton Wanderers' 2-0 loss vs. Manchester City on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Tim Ream started and played 90 minutes for Bolton Wanderers.
- Zak Whitbread started and played 90 minutes in Norwich City's 1-0 loss vs. Stoke City on Saturday.
- Adam Henley dressed but did not play in Blackburn Rovers' 1-1 draw vs. Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector started and played 90 minutes in Birmingham City's 2-2 draw vs. Derby County on Saturday.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-2 draw vs. Birmingham City on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 1-1 draw vs. Barnsley on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Daniel Potts dressed but did not play in West Ham United's 2-0 win vs. Cardiff City on Sunday.
- Robbie Rogers did not dress in Leeds United's 1-0 loss vs. Southampton on Saturday. He is recovering from a concussion.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 2-0 loss vs. Notts County on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin started and played 72 minutes in Walsall's 1-1 draw vs. Leyton Orient on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started and played 68 minutes in Bury's 3-3 draw vs. Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu did not dress in Rangers' 2-1 loss vs. Heart of Midlothian on Saturday. He was suspended due to yellow card accumulation.
- Carlos Bocanegra started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card for Rangers.
- Alejandro Bedoya dressed but did not play for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 1-1 draw vs. Aberdeen on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Chievo Verona's 1-1 draw vs. Juventus on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 2-2 draw vs. FC Augsburg on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 90 minutes, received a yellow card and had an ASSIST in Schalke 04's 2-1 loss vs. SC Freiburg on Saturday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 69 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 1-0 win vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Sunday.
- Fabian Johnson started and played 90 minutes in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 1-1 draw vs. FC Cologne on Sunday.
- Danny Williams did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Joe Gyau did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Terrence Boyd did not dress in Borussia Dortmund's 2-1 win vs. Mainz on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales came off the bench and played 13 minutes in Hertha Berlin's 1-0 win vs. Werder Bremen on Saturday.
- David Yelldell did not dress Bayer Leverkusen's 2-0 win vs. Bayern Munich on Saturday.
- Andrew Wooten came off the bench and played 22 minutes in Kaiserslautern's 0-0 draw vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- Luis Robles did not dress in Karlsruher SC's 5-0 loss vs. Fortuna Dusseldorf on Saturday.
- Bobby Wood and TSV 1860 Munich play St Pauli on Monday.
- Matt Taylor came off the bench, played 72 minutes and scored TWO GOALS in SC Paderborn 07's 3-0 win vs. Alemannia Aachen on Saturday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 2-0 win vs. St Etienne on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 1-1 draw vs. Valenciennes on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore started, played 78 minutes and scored a GOAL in AZ Alkmaar's 3-1 win vs. SC Heracles Almelo on Saturday.
- Oguchi Onyewu did not dress in Sporting CP's 1-0 loss vs. Vitoria Setubal on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in Zenit St Petersburg's 2-2 draw vs. CSKA Moscow on Saturday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes RSC Anderlecht's 4-0 win vs. Cercle Brugge KSV on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud did not dress in KAA Gent's 2-0 win vs. KV Mechelen on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 1-1 draw vs. AGF Aarhus on Saturday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in Brondby IF's 1-0 win vs. SonderjyskE on Sunday.
- Chris Rolfe started and played 85 minutes in Aalborg BK's 1-1 draw vs. FC Copenhagen on Sunday.
- Conor O'Brien dressed but did not play in SonderjyskE's 1-0 loss vs. Brondby IF on Sunday.
- Brad Rusin did not dress in HB Koge's 2-1 loss vs. Horsens on Sunday.
- Jose Torres did not dress in Pachuca's 0-0 draw vs. Atlas on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Herculez Gomez started, played 77 minutes, received a yellow card and scored a GOAL in Santos Laguna's 5-2 win vs. San Luis on Saturday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress Atlante's 1-0 loss vs. Tigres UANL on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein dressed but did not play in Tigres UANL's 1-0 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley came off the bench and played 21 minutes in Puebla's 2-1 loss vs. Chivas de Guadalajara on Sunday.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 2-0 loss vs. America on Sunday.
- Michael Orozco Fiscal dressed but did not play in San Luis' 5-2 loss vs. Santos Laguna on Saturday.
- Edgar Castillo started, played 90 minutes and had an ASSIST in Club Tijuana's 2-0 win vs. Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G. on Friday.
- Joe Corona came off the bench and played 45 minutes for Club Tijuana.
- Greg Garza came off the bench and played 7 minutes for Club Tijuana.
What do you think of these performances? How many goals do you see Dempsey scoring this season? Think Altidore is on the brink of winning back his starting role? Whose assist impressed you more, Jones or Castillo's?
Share your thoughts below.