By FRANCO PANIZO
The Dayton Dutch Lions failed to pick up their first win of the season in two tries this weekend, but they did manage to put an end to the last impeccable record in the league.
The Dutch Lions ended the Rochester Rhinos' perfect start to the season and their six-match shutout run by grabbing a 1-1 draw at Sahlen Stadium on Friday. The Dutch Lions took the lead in the game through a goal from Gibson Bardsley, but the hosts managed to salvage a point when former Los Angeles Galaxy forward Quavas Kirk scored the equalizer in the second half.
Dayton was not able to build on their performance a day later. The Dutch Lions lost in embarassing fashion to the Harrisburg City Islanders on Saturday, suffering a 4-0 defeat at Skyline Sports Complex. Yann Ekra led the way for the Islanders with a hat trick, and Morgan Langley scored the other goal.
Here's a look back at all the Week 7 action in USL Pro:
CHARLOTTE EAGLES 1, WILMINGTON HAMMERHEADS 1
The Eagles and Hammerheads each scored second-half goals to play to a 1-1 draw at Legion Stadium on Saturday. Charlotte jumped out on top when Darryl Roberts scored in the 57th minute, but the Eagles were not able to hold onto their lead. Hagop Chirishian pulled the hosts level 15 minutes from time after a feed from Mark Briggs.
RICHMOND KICKERS 1, PITTSBURGH RIVERHOUNDS 1
The Riverhounds failed to pick up their third win of the season on Friday, settling for a 1-1 draw with the Kickers at Chartiers Valley High School. Pittsburgh took the lead when Dawyne 'Ricky' Smith scored off just before halftime, but the Kickers responded in the second half through a goal from Matt Delicate. Pittsburgh is now 2-5-2 on the season, while Richmond is 1-2-4.
USL PRO STANDINGS
1. Orlando City (6-0-1, 19 points, +10 GD)
2. Rochester Rhinos (6-0-1, 19 points, +7 GD)
3. Charleston Battery (4-2-0, 12 points, +7 GD)
4. Los Angeles Blues (3-2-1, 10 points, +2 GD)
5. Harrisburg City Islanders (2-1-3, 9 points, +4 GD)
6. Wilmington Hammerheads (2-2-3, 9 points, 0 GD)
7. Pittsburgh Riverhounds (2-5-2, 8 points, -5 GD)
8. Charlotte Eagles (2-6-2, 8 points, -6 GD)
9. Richmond Kickers (1-2-4, 7 points, -2 GD)
10. Antigua Barracuda FC (2-6, 6 points, -9 GD)
11. Dayton Dutch Lions (0-4-3, 3 points, -8 GD)
What do you think of these results? Impressed that the Dutch Lions put an end to the Rhinos' perfect record? Surprised by Richmond and Pittsburgh's struggles to start the season?
Share your thoughts below.