Photo by USA TODAY Sports
By IVES GALARCEP
New teams, new stars and exciting soccer headlined the opening week of the 2015 MLS season and The SBI Show looks back on all of it, from Kaka’s brilliance to Jozy Altidore’s emphatic return.
Episode 196 of The SBI Show looks back on MLS Week One, which featured Orlando City’s impressive arrival in MLS. We discuss the opener against fellow expansion newcomer New York City FC, and the eye-opening MLS debuts of players like Kaka and Mix Diskerud.
Co-host Garrett Cleverly break down all of the weekend’s MLS action, and we also discuss the latest on MLS expansion and more.
Give Episode 196 of The SBI Show a read after the jump:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/195181349″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=’166′ iframe=”true” /]
What did you think of the show? Who impressed you the most in Week One? Who did you consider the most disappointing in Week One?
Share your thoughts below.
A few comments:
1. Ives,…we know you weren’t kidding about the effects of marriage. 😉
2. Decent show by Orlando and NYCFC. Hmmm,…think Red Bulls would have been better off keeping Alexander and making a play for Mix?
3. Robbie Keane is all business.
4. Portland,…maybe Caleb Porter just isn’t that good of a coach.
5. Lloyd Sam-I-Am,….me likes side netting and ham!
6. Dom Dwyer,…Ives wasn’t kidding,…it’s all down hill. Give Tiger Woods a call.
7. Pablo Mastroeani has other ideas,…and Hillary Clinton thought it was a good idea to have a personal email account on a personal server. Red Bulls,…can you put down the “very sophisticated plan” and and call Colorado and ask if Dillon Powers is available.
8. Give Beckham his money back!
Thanks for show, guys.
Two thoughts I have:
1) I call bull on the statement that MLS treatment of the NYCFC/Miami dynamic is not a double standard. The league office could have waited until a stadium site was locked down with signatures and everything. Garber, in a round about way, basically admitted they made an exception at the State of the League address because they wanted a second team in that market.
2) Garrett, holy crap dude, what in the world did you pick for that outro!?!? You’re bringing the vibe down, bro!
Ives, there is no way that Aurelien Collin was watching the game w MLS LIVE on his phone. Game was blacked out.
He was watching it on WatchESPN
Nope, MLS App. Some people’s accounts have access that prevents being blacked out. Call it a perk of playing in (and in some cases covering) the league.
Not true. Some accounts have blackout free access. My account has that. #GetOnMyLevel Haha, just kidding. But really, that is the case.
Whats the promo code for that? Jk Well, thats cool! For you guys… 😉 #nextlevel