Another good day at the office for Geoff Cameron and Stoke City came at the expense of a fellow American.
Stoke picked up its second victory in three days by pushing four goals past Tim Howard in a narrow victory on Monday. Cameron and the rest of the Potters triumphed, 4-3, on the road in an entertaining and back-and-forth affair that saw Stoke overturn a one-goal deficit in the final 10 minutes. Cameron contributed to his side’s cause with a 78-minute shift while Howard made one save for the Toffees.
Only a couple of other Americans saw time on Monday, including Brad Guzan. Aston Villa suffered its latest loss after getting blanked, 2-0, by Norwich City, and Guzan came up with a pair of stops in the game. Guzan and the Villans remain in last place in the English Premier League table.
Here are how the Americans Abroad did on Monday:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes, and made one save in Everton’s 4-3 loss vs. Stoke City.
- Brad Guzan started, played 90 minutes, and made two saves in Aston Villa’s 2-0 loss vs. Norwich City.
- Geoff Cameron started and played 78 minutes in Stoke City’s 4-3 win vs. Everton.
- Jonathan Spector dressed but did not play in Birmingham City’s 1-0 win vs. Milton Keynes Dons.
- Danny Williams started and played 75 minutes in Reading’s 2-1 loss vs. Brentford.
- Cody Cropper dressed but did not play in Milton Keynes Dons’ 1-0 loss vs. Birmingham City.
- Gedion Zelalem dressed but did not play in Rangers’ 4-2 win vs. Hibernian.
What do you think of these performances? Impressed with Cameron and Stoke’s pair of wins these last few days? Are Guzan and the Villans doomed for relegation?
Share your thoughts below.