Inter Milan’s quest to repeat as Coppa Italia winners comes to its conclusion on Wednesday with Simone Inzaghi’s squad facing off with Fiorentina in the tournament final.
Inter still has one eye on its eventual showdown with Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League Final this June but will hope to end its domestic schedule on a strong note. A 3-1 Serie A loss to champions Napoli snapped a nine-match unbeaten streak in all competitions, including eight-consecutive victories. Inter has only lost one of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Fiorentina and will be looking to Edin Dzeko, Lautaro Martinez, and Co. to bring home its second trophy of the season.
Fiorentina also has a European Final to look forward to this June as the Italian outfit faces West Ham United in the UEFA Conference League Final on June 7. However, Fiorentina’s league form has been up-and-down over recent weeks, which will cost them a spot in the top-six this season. Arthur Cabral and Luka Jovic have 12 combined goals in league play and will try and play the spoiler role against a favored Inter Milan squad.
After earning their third-consecutive Premier League title, Manchester City travel to the east coast of England to take on European hopefuls Brighton & Hove Albion.
The race for European spots continues to tighten as clubs brace themselves for the final matchday of the league campaign. Brighton & Hove Albion has already clinched a spot in the top-seven of the league standings, which will either propel them into next season’s UEFA Europa League or UEFA Conference League qualifying.
The Seagulls head into the match in rather good form with recent victories over Arsenal and Manchester United earlier this month. Roberto De Zerbi’s squad most recently defeated relegated Southampton on Sunday 3-1.
The Premier League also continues with Chelsea traveling to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United in a crucial match for the Red Devils. Man United currently holds fourth place, three points ahead of Liverpool with a game at hand.
Despite Chelsea’s recent struggles, the two clubs split points in the reverse fixture back in October.
In the United States, the LA Galaxy travel across town to take on bitter rivals LAFC in this year’s second El Tráfico. The two match up in the U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 for a second consecutive year, after the Galaxy won last year’s match up by a 3-1 scoreline.
The Black and Gold currently hold first place in the Western conference and booked their ticket to the CONCACAF Champions League Final earlier in this month. Steve Cherundolo’s side will look for revenge against a struggling Galaxy side after last season’s cup upset.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for your free trials of ESPN+ and Paramount+ for all your soccer streaming needs. Make sure you use these SBI-specific links to sign up today, and if you sign up for Paramount+ using our link (and use the offer code SBI) you will receive a free one-week trial.
Here is a look at This Week’s Top 5 Matches to Watch, as well as a full rundown of This Week’s Soccer on TV and Online:
This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch
1. Fiorentina vs. Inter Milan – All eyes turn to the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday as Fiorentina and Inter Milan square off in the Coppa Italia Final.
2. Manchester United vs. Chelsea – With European spots at a premium in the EPL, Manchester United must collect points against Chelsea in order to secure a UEFA Champions League berth for next season.
3. Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Manchester City – After winning its third consecutive Premier League title, Manchester City takes on sixth place Brighton & Hove Albion.
4. Los Angeles FC vs. LA Galaxy – The LA Galaxy face off with rivals LAFC for the second-consecutive edition of the U.S. Open Cup
5. Empoli vs. Juventus – Empoli hosts Juventus in a crucial match for the Old Lady. With only five points separating Juve and fifth place AC Milan, a victory is needed for Massimiliano Allegri’s squad to pad their European hopes.
HERE for a closer look at this weeks entire schedule: