After booking its ticket to the UEFA Champions League Final, Manchester City will look to clinch one trophy of a potential treble this Sunday.
The Citizens’ domination of the English Premier League in recent years has brought Pep Guardiola and his side four league titles with a fifth in arms reach. With a four-point lead on second place Arsenal ahead of this weekend, Man City are only one win away from claiming their second-consecutive EPL title.
Despite Chelsea’s underwhelming season, the Blues have found some sort of form over the past two weeks. The Blues have collected a mere 43 points this season and sit in the bottom half of the table going into this weekend’s matchup.
In Germany, first place Bayern Munich hosts third place RB Leipzig in a top-table battle. Bayern goes into the weekend with a one point lead on second place Borussia Dortmund with two matches remaining this season.
RB Leipzig travel to the Allianz Arena on a four-match winning streak, which includes its 5-1 DFB Pokal semifinal win.
After advancing into the UEFA Champions League Final for the first time since 2010, Inter Milan travels to the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona to take on Serie A’s newest champions Napoli. Napoli will look to bounce back after a shocking 2-0 loss to Monza last weekend.
The Premier League’s European race also continues with fifth place Liverpool hosting Aston Villa in a huge match for the Reds Champions League hopes next season. Jurgen Klopp’s squad have collected seven-consecutive league wins to bolster their Champions League hopes for next season.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for your free trials of ESPN+ and Paramount+ for all your soccer streaming needs. Make sure you use these SBI-specific links to sign up today, and if you sign up for Paramount+ using our link (and use the offer code SBI) you will receive a free one-week trial.
Here is a look at This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch, as well as a full rundown of This Weekend’s Soccer on TV and Online:
This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch
1. Manchester City vs. Chelsea – Manchester City is just three points away from lifting its second-consecutive Premier League title and fifth over the past six years.
2. Bayern Munich vs. RB Leipzig – First meets third in Germany when RB Leipzig travels to the Allianz Arena to take on the defending Bundesliga champions.
3. Napoli vs. Inter Milan – After winning its first Serie A trophy in over 30 years, Napoli takes on Inter Milan in a must-see league affair.
4. Liverpool vs. Aston Villa – Liverpool’s winning run is put to the test against an Aston Villa squad overachieving under Unai Emery.
5. Lillie vs. Marseille – With only three league matches left, Marseille remains alive for the Ligue 1 title and a possible top-two finish.
HERE for a closer look at this weekends entire schedule: