It may be tough to imagine it, but Tottenham is playing in a can’t-miss match this week.
That’s what happens when you finally fire your winless manager and your new manager leads you to a win and an unforgettable comebackdraw. Now, all of a sudden, Tottenham has the look of a team worth watching.
And what better way to test that improving Spurs squad than to take on unbeaten league leaders Liverpool? That match, along with the three MLS playoff games, headline this weekend’s soccer on TV action.
Here are the Top Five matches to watch as well as the weekend’s schedule of matches on TV:
This week’s Top Five matches to watch:
1. Napoli at AC Milan. If you can only see one match this weekend, this one is it. Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marek Hamsik are two of the best young players in Europe while Milan’s star-studded lineup is always worth watching.
2. Liverpool at Tottenham. The Spurs have looked more like the team we thought they would be the past two games. Now Harry Redknapp’s boys face first-place Liverpool, which will face a stiff test at White Hart Lane.
3. Hull City at Manchester United. The Hull Cinderella story took a hit in a 3-0 loss to Chelsea. Now a second monster test comes at Old Trafford, where the Red Devils are starting to have that championship look.
4. Columbus Crew at Kansas City Wizards. Two of the hottest teams in MLS heading into the playoffs square off. Can KC’s defense slow down the Crew’s dynamic attack?
5. Roma at Juventus. Okay, so maybe Roma has been terrible this year, but there will be too much talent on the field for this match to pass this one up.
Here are this week’s matches on TV:
- 8pm– FSC- St. John’s vs. Cincinnati
- 9am– Setanta USA- Fulham at Everton
- 10:30am– GolTV- Karlsruhe at TSG Hoffenheim
- 11am– FSC- Sunderland at Chelsea
- 11am– Setanta USA- Hull City at Manchester United
- 12:30pm– GolTV- Arminia Bielefeld at Bayern Munich
- 1:30pm– FSC- Liverpool at Tottenham
- 1:30pm– Wolverhampton at Cardiff City
- 3pm– FSC- Roma at Juventus
- 3pm– GolTV- Barcelona at Malaga
- 4pm– MSG- Houston Dynamo at New York Red Bulls
- 4pm– Setanta USA- St. Etienne at Marseille
- 5pm– GolTV- Racing de Santander at Valencia
- 6pm– Setanta USA- Arsenal at Stoke City
- 6pm– FSC- Chivas USA at Real Salt Lake
- 7pm– GolTV- Medellin at Deportivo Cali
- 7pm– Telemundo- Atlante at Monterrey
- 8pm– Setanta USA- Wigan at Portsmouth
- 8pm– HDNet- Columbus Crew at Kansas City Wizards
- 9pm– Telemundo- UNAM Pumas at Chivas de Guadalajara
- 11pm– FSC- Inter Milan at Reggina
- 11pm– Telefutura- San Luis at Necaxa
- 2am– FSC- Queensland Roar at Newcastle Jets
- 9am– FSC- Catania at Lazio
- 11am– FSC- Manchester City at Bolton
- 11am– GolTV- Sevilla at Valladolid
- 1pm– GolTV- Real Madrid at Almeria
- 1pm– Telemundo- Atlas at Toluca
- 2:30pm– FSC- Napoli at AC Milan
- 3pm– GolTV- Deportivo La Coruna at Real Betis
- 3pm– Setanta USA- Le Mans at Lyon
- 5pm-FSC- San Lorenzo at Boca Juniors.
- 5:30pm– GolTV- Once Caldas at Millonarios
Which matches will you be looking forward to the most? Share your thoughts on this weekend’s soccer on TV in the comments section below.