This is one of those weekends that make you happy to be a soccer fan.
One of those weekends when the stars align and the European soccer schedules come together to give you a full menu of intense match-ups and can’t-miss rivalries. It is Derby Weekend this weekend, with Milan, Liverpool and Barcelona treating us to the best their cities have to offer.
Europe isn’t the only place with quality soccer. There are tasty match-ups in college as well as MLS this weekend to give us a well-rounded selection of top-flight match-ups. Don’t believe me? Then see for yourself.
Here are the Top 10 games to watch on TV this weekend, followed by the full schedule of games on TV. Enjoy:
This Weekend’s Top 10 Games on TV
Inter Milan at AC Milan. Kaka, Ibrahimovic and Mourinho. Ronaldinho and Viera. Pato and Balotelli. You name it and this match has it.
Liverpool at Everton. The Liverpool Derby is as intense as they come. It loses a little shine because Everton is struggling, but can you really miss a chance to see Tim Howard take on Liverpool?
Barcelona at Espanyol. The Barcelona ‘Clasico’ is always a good one and Espanyol has owned Barca at home in recent years.
Sevilla at Atletico Madrid. Not a derby but still a match loaded with attacking stars that should be very fun to watch. Sergio Aguero is insane.
West Ham at Fulham. For you EPL fans, a London Derby is always worth watching. Now the question is will we see Clint Dempsey play?
Atalanta at AS Roma. Pop quiz: Which of these teams is currently in second place in Serie A? Roma? Wrong. It’s the upstarts Atalanta, which should give the struggling Romans all they can handle.
Colorado Rapids at New York Red Bulls. Major playoff implications for both teams in this one. Will the weather cooperate?
Real Salt Lake at San Jose Earthquakes. San Jose, the hottest team in MLS, looks to bury RSL and push its unbeaten streak to 10 games.
Maryland at Wake Forest. Want to see some future MLS stars? Don’t miss this clash of two of the nation’s best teams. Red Bulls fans will want to tune in to see Matt Kassel and figure out for themselves whether the Red Bulls should have signed him.
Rochester Rhinos at Charleston Battery. Has all the success of USL-sides Puerto Rico and Montreal in the CONCACAF Champions League made you curious about the USL? Then watch this one. What better than seeing two good USL teams battling in a playoff game?
Here is this weekend’s TV Schedule:
- 8pm- FSC- Maryland vs. Wake Forest
- 7:30am– Setanta USA- Liverpool at Everton
- 10am– Setanta USA- Bolton at Manchester United
- 10am– FSC- Chelsea at Stoke City
- 11:30am– GolTV- Stuttgart at Borussia Dortmund
- 12:15pm– Setanta USA- Crystal Palace at Ipswich Town
- 12:30pm– FSC- Hull City at Arsenal
- 2pm– GolTV- Real Madrid at Real Betis
- 2:15pm– Setanta USA- West Ham at Fulham
- 2:30pm– FSc- Genoa at Fiorentina
- 4pm– GolTV- Barcelona at Espanyol
- 4pm– Setanta USA- Sunderland at Aston Villa
- 4:30pm– FSC- Juventus at Sampdoria
- 7:15pm– GolTV- Medellin at Santa Fe
- 7:30pm– MSG- Colorado Rapids at New York Red Bulls
- 8pm– FSC- Blackburn at Newcastle
- 10pm– HDNet- Real Salt Lake at San Jose Earthquakes
- 10:30pm– FSC- Kansas City Wizards at Chivas USA
- 3am– FSC- Queensland Roar at Melbourne Victory
- 8:30am– Setanta USA- Tottenham at Portsmouth
- 9am– FSC- Atalanta at AS Roma
- 11am– FSC- Manchester City at Wigan
- 11am– GolTV- Schalke 04 at Cologne
- 1pm– GolTV- Deportivo La Coruna at Valencia
- 2:30pm– FSC- Inter Milan at AC Milan
- 3pm– GolTV- Sevilla at Atletico Madrid
- 3pm– Telefutura- D.C. United at FC Dallas
- 5pm– FSC- Racing at River Plate
- 6:30pm– GolTV- Millonarios at America
- 7pm– FSC- Rochester Rhinos at Charleston Battery
What games will you be looking forward to the most? Share your thoughts on this weekend’s soccer TV schedule in the comments section below.
0-0 at halftime for Liverpool-Everton.
Still fiery dispite the score. Yellow card for Alonso.
Jose Reina let the ball slip through his hands, the everton forward struck it but it was cleared off the line by Carragher.
Valencia v Depor before the Sevilla game on Sunday. Another cracker on Gol TV. Mata – Villa!
drew d –
i think your sarcasm meter is broken
Still no Villareal…. sigh
No Man City v. Wigan? Wigan playing some of most attrative football in BPL and Man City is a compelling club this year. Admit it, Ives. You are a just freaked out by Wigan’s electric yellow away kits this year.
Thanks for finally giving the USL some props. Last time I checked espn.com was showing English Conference game results (4 leagues below EPL) and not USL scores. Is Rodney Dangerfield the commissioner of the league?
great schedule this weekend….maybe JCO can get aguero to the red bulls…
Man City a bigger club than atletico? lol. I know you have new owners, which will eventually make City a bigger club should they unload the checkbook this winter as everyone says they will, but for now atletico will have the edge for 1 important reason : Champions league. Other than that they are practically the same : a good team that plays in a big city that play in the shadow of a better team.
What, no Cardiff game on TV? I wanted to see Eddie Johnson score!
so far FSC has shown every single AC Milan and Inter Milan game…i like it.
Y’know – I have season college football tickets here in town, and I watch a lot of EPL games on TiVo b/c the EPL games are during the day when I’m at, or getting ready for, a football game. So this week, our football game is 730pm. Much rejoicing, right? Nah – couldn’t be that simple.
Newcastle-Blackburn is on tape delay at 8pm. (sigh)
What diety hath I offended?
No Bayern-Hannover. }:>(
Boy did FSC pick the wrong game to show, considering NE-Columbus could have been an option (good thing i’ll be there).
Come on, you Revs!
By the way, great call last week on DC – LAG game.
GO RED BULL
SERGIO AGUERO IS A BEAST, HE NEEDS TO GET TO A BIGGER CLUB, HELLO MAN CITY