By AVI CREDITOR
Major League Soccer fans, get out your pens and calendars, and get ready to do some circling.
MLS released its full 2010 schedule Wednesday, with the season kicking off March 25 in Seattle when the Sounders take on the expansion Philadelphia Union at Qwest Field at 9:30 p.m. EST (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes).
MLS Cup-holders Real Salt Lake begins its title defense two days later at San Jose.
The opening weekend contains some other enticing games: Coach Curt Onalfo leads D.C. United into Kansas City to face his former team, the Wizards; Chicago plays the first regular-season game at New York's new Red Bull Arena; and the Houston Dynamo squares off with FC Dallas in a Texas derby all on March 27.
Here are some of the more intriguing match-ups the schedule has to offer:
- April 1 – Chivas USA at L.A. Galaxy
- April 10 – D.C. United at Philadelphia Union
- April 17 – Real Salt Lake at L.A. Galaxy
- April 24 – Philadelphia Union at New York Red Bulls
- April 25 – Seattle Sounders FC at Toronto FC
- May 1 – New York Red Bulls at D.C. United
- May 5 – Kansas City Wizards at D.C. United
- May 8 – New England Revolution at Columbus Crew
- May 29 – New York Red Bulls at New England Revolution
- July 8 – Real Salt Lake at Chicago Fire
- July 15 – Seattle Sounders FC at D.C. United
- July 25 – Colorado Rapids at Seattle Sounders F.C.
- August 5 – Columbus Crew at Philadelphia Union
- September 5 – San Jose Earthquakes at Houston Dynamo
- September 18 – New York Red Bulls at FC Dallas
- September 25 – Colorado Rapids at Real Salt Lake
- October 9 – Toronto FC at Chivas USA
- October 10 – New England Revolution at Houston Dynamo
What do you think about some of the early-season match-ups? Which game can you not wait to see? Excited for the new rivalries that Philadelphia will create with D.C. and New York?
Share your thoughts below.