Tuesday marked the end of the January Transfer Window which allowed European sides the final chance to bolster their squads for the second-half of their respective seasons.
Chelsea set a new British record by paying £106 million to Benfica for Argentinian World Cup winner Enzo Fernandez. Manchester United and Arsenal also made major moves to their rosters, with the Red Devils adding Austrian midfielder Marcel Sabitzer on loan and the Gunners acquiring Italian midfielder Jorginho.
Joao Cancelo’s reported confrontation with Pep Guardiola has led to the Portuguese defender joining Bayern Munich on loan. Borussia Dortmund has loaned attacking midfielder Thorgan Hazard to Eredivisie giants PSV for the remainder of the season.
Atletico Madrid has acquired Tottenham defender Matt Doherty for the remainder of the season, AS Roma added Diego Llorente on loan, and Keylor Navas joined Nottingham Forest for the rest of the English Premier League campaign.
Here’s a rundown of all the day’s European Transfers and reports:
- Chelsea acquired Enzo Fernandez on a permanent transfer from Benfica.
- Arsenal added Jorginho on a permanent deal from Chelsea.
- Manchester United acquired Marcel Sabitzer on loan from Bayern Munich.
- Bayern Munich added Joao Cancelo on loan with a permanent option to buy.
- Nottingham Forest acquired Keylor Navas on loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Tottenham’s Matt Doherty joined Atletico Madrid on a free transfer.
- Pedro Porro joined Tottenham on loan from Sporting Lisbon.
- Fulham acquired Cedric Soares on loan from Arsenal for the rest of the season.
- Genk has sold forward Paul Onuachu to Southampton on a permanent deal.
- Southampton also acquired Rennes winger Kamaldeen Sulemana on a club-record deal.
- Lyon added Jeffinho on a permanent deal from Botafogo.
- Newcastle United loaned veteran midfielder Jonjo Shelvey to fellow EPL side Nottingham Forest.
- Hector Bellerin has joined Sporting Lisbon on a free transfer from Barcelona.
- Leicester City acquired Harry Souttar on a permanent deal from Stoke City.
- Marquinhos was loaned to Norwich City from Arsenal for the rest of the season.
- Stade Rennes acquired Djed Spence on loan from Tottenham.
- Lazio added Luca Pellegrini on loan from Juventus for the rest of the season.
- Atletico Madrid has loaned Felipe to Nottingham Forest for the remainder of the EPL season.
- Lyon acquired Amin Sarr on a permanent deal from Dutch side Heerenveen.
- Preston North End acquired Josh Onomah on a free transfer from Fulham.
- Greek side Olympiakos added Sergi Canos on loan from Brentford.
- West Bromwich Albion added veteran Marc Albrighton on loan from Leicester City.
- FC Augsburg has sold midfielder Carlos Gruezo to the San Jose Earthquakes.
Nottingham Forest thinks WE DONT SEE THEM!!!!!
1. Keylor Navas on loan from Paris Saint-Germain (GK)
2. Felipe from Atlético Madrid (CB)
3. Jonjo Shelvey from Newcastle United
……all these guys are older and play in a “defensive capacity”. So, I think they are called in to stop stabilize the goal hemorrhaging, as they fight to stay in the Premier League
THINGS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE EPL!!!!!!
1. MANCHESTER CITY IS INTERESTED IN JEDI ROBINSON
2. WESTON MCKENNIE GOES ON LOAN TO LEEDS UNITED
3. LEICESTER CITY SIGN 21 YEAR OLD NATHAN OPOKU (straight out of Syracuse)…..BUT TO BE LOANED (Belgium)
Now just waiting on Christian Pulisic to AC Milan………..lol
I wonder if Conor Gallagher got Pulisic’s move due to his injury. Newcastle seemed interested last summer…
Love to see Europe is scoring the colleges! Haters of the US system…bite it!
Oops I get Conor Gallagher and Anthony Gordon confused.
Wanted Pulisic to move so badly, hate it for him with the timing of the injury. He’s stuck at Chelsea until summer now. So hard to root for a team that just buys up every new thing they can get their hands on with no real coherent plan how to use them. How many forwards do they have now?! And how many have succeeded there in the past couple years. Guess as long as CP comes back healthy he’ll have options in the summer.