By FRANCO PANIZO
If Hull City ends up getting promoted to the Premiership at season's end, the club might point to Brad Guzan's performance against Coventry City as one of key points of the season.
Having just joined Hull on loan for a second time this season, Guzan made his way back into the club's starting lineup on Saturday. Guzan came up huge for Hull, making 13 saves in the Tigers' 1-0 victory against Coventry City. The cleansheet, Guzan's fifth of the season for Hull, kept the club five points shy of the final promotion play-off spot currently held by Nottingham Forest.
Stuart Holden also enjoyed success this weekend as he and Bolton Wanderers kept their FA Cup dreams alive with a 3-2 quarterfinals triumph over Birmingham. Holden started and played 90 minutes in the match that scheduled a semifinals date with Stoke City.
One found the back of the net this weekend. Mike Grella scored his first goal for Swindon Town in a 1-1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge, flicking a shot into the net after fighting off a defender.
Here is how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard and Everton did not play this weekend.
- Clint Dempsey and Fulham did not play this weekend.
- Brad Friedel and Aston Villa did not play this weekend.
- Michael Bradley and Aston Villa did not play this weekend.
- Marcus Hahnemann and Wolverhampton Wanderers did not play this weekend.
- Jonathan Spector came off the bench and played 55 minutes in West Ham United's 2-1 loss vs. Stoke City in the FA Cup quarterfinals on Sunday.
- Stuart Holden started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 3-2 win vs. Birmingham in the FA Cup quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Jermaine Jones and Blackburn Rovers did not play this weekend.
- Conor Doyle came off the bench and played 40 minutes in Derby County's 2-1 win vs. Swansea City on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread and Norwich City play Bristol City on Monday.
- Eric Lichaj started and played 90 minutes in Leeds United's 0-0 draw vs. Ipswich Town on Saturday.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 0-0 draw vs. Doncaster Rovers on Saturday. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Eddie Johnson and Preston North End did not play this weekend.
- Brad Guzan started, played 90 minutes and made 13 saves in Hull City's 1-0 win vs. Coventry City on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 6-0 loss vs. Peterborough United on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin started and played 90 minutes in Plymouth Argyle's 2-0 loss vs. Hartlepool United on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started, played 79 minutes, received a yellow card and scored a GOAL in Swindon Town's 1-1 draw vs. Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday. You can see the goal here.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 win vs. Kilmarnock on Sunday.
- Dominic Cervi and Celtic's Scottish Cup match vs. Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Sunday was postponed.
- Steve Cherundolo started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Hannover 96's 4-0 loss vs. FC Cologne on Friday.
- DaMarcus Beasley did not dress for Hannover 96.
- Ricardo Clark started and played 45 minutes in Eintracht Frankfurt's 2-1 loss vs. Schalke 04 on Saturday.
- Daniel Williams did not dress in SC Freiburg's 2-1 loss vs. Kaiserslautern on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Timothy Chandler started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Nurnberg's 2-1 win vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- David Yelldell started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in MSV Duisburg's 3-1 loss vs. Karlsruhe on Friday.
- Luis Robles dressed but did not play in Karlsruhe's 3-1 win vs. VfL MSV Duisburg on Friday.
- Edson Buddle came off the bench and played 18 minutes in FC Ingolstadt 04's 2-1 win vs. FSV Frankfurt on Friday.
- Amaechi Igwe did not dress for FC Ingolstadt 04. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Bobby Wood dressed but did not play in TSV 1860 Munich's 3-0 win vs. Arminia Bielefeld on Sunday.
- Alfredo Morales and Hertha Berlin play SpVgg Greuther Furth on Monday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes in St Etienne's 2-0 win vs. Brest on Saturday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 1-1 draw vs. Clermont Foot on Friday.
- Oguchi Onyewu started and played 90 minutes in Twente Enschede's 2-1 win vs. VVV Venlo on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore started and played 71 minutes in Bursaspor's 1-1 draw vs. Karabukspor on Saturday.
BANK ASYA 1. LIG
- Freddy Adu started and played 68 minutes in Caykur Rizespor's 0-0 draw vs. Giresunspor on Sunday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 1-1 draw vs. Eupen on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst dressed but did not play in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-2 draw vs. FC Midtjylland on Saturday.
- Marcus Tracy did not dress in Aalborg BK's 1-0 loss vs. FC Copenhagen on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Chris Rolfe dressed but did not play for Aalborg BK.
- Clarence Goodson did not dress in Brondby IF's 2-0 win vs. Sonderjyske on Sunday.
- Jose Torres started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Pachuca's 4-0 loss vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez came off the bench and played 32 minutes for Pachuca.
- Edgar Castillo did not dress in Puebla's 2-1 loss vs. Queretaro on Saturday.
- Sammy Ochoa did not dress in Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G.'s 2-0 win vs. Chiapas on Saturday.
- Sonny Guadarrama dressed but did not play in Atlante's 4-0 win vs. Pachuca on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein dressed but did not play in Tigres UANL's 1-1 draw vs. San Luis on Saturday.
- Gustavo Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Santos Laguna's 3-1 loss vs. Toluca on Sunday.
What do you think of Guzan's performance? How do you see Holden and Bolton faring in the FA Cup semifinals? More impressed by Acuna or Grella's goal?
Share your thoughts below.