Thursday marked the end of the Summer Transfer Window which allowed European sides the final chance to bolster their squads for the first-half of their respective seasons.
Chelsea bolstered its attacking and midfield options by adding Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on a permanent deal from Barcelona, and acquiring Denis Zakaria on loan from Juventus for the 2022-23 season.
Liverpool filled its midfield need by adding Juventus and Brazilian midfielder Arthur Melo on a season-long loan. With Thiago and Jordan Henderson both dealing with injuries, Jurgen Clop added a key piece to his squad ahead of a busy first-half schedule.
Idrissa Gueye is back in the English Premier League after rejoining Everton on a permanent deal from Paris Saint-Germain. PSG also offloaded Layvin Kurzawa to Fulham on a season-long loan while Fulham also signed former Chelsea and Arsenal forward Willian on a free transfer.
Juventus has added Argentinian midfielder Leandro Paredes on a loan deal from Paris Saint-Germain. Manchester City added Manuel Akanji on a permanent deal from Borussia Dortmund.
Here’s a rundown of all the day’s European Transfers and reports:
- Chelsea acquired Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on a permanent transfer from Barcelona.
- Arthur Melo has joined Liverpool on a season-long loan from Juventus.
- Manchester City added defensive depth with the permanent acquisition of Manuel Akanji from Borussia Dortmund.
- Leandro Paredes has joined Juventus on loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Chelsea acquired Swiss midfielder Denis Zakaria on loan for the 2022-23 season from Juventus.
- Marcos Alonso is set to join Barcelona on a permanent transfer from Chelsea, signing a three-year deal.
- Everton has reacquired Idrissa Gueye from Paris Saint-Gerrmain, signing him to a two-year deal.
- James Garner has made a reported £15 million move from Manchester United to Everton.
- Fulham have made three attacking signings on Thursday, adding Carlos Vinicius on a permanent deal from Benfica, signing Willian on a free transfer, and reportedly adding Daniel James on loan from Leeds United.
- Southampton acquired Ainsley Maitland-Niles on a loan from Arsenal, which includes a purchase option.
- Ethan Ampadu has joined Spezia on loan from Chelsea.
- Benfica added Julian Draxler on a season-long loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Oriol Romeu has joined La Liga club Girona on a permanent deal from Southampton.
- Barcelona has signed fullback Hector Bellarin on a free transfer.
- Southampton added Duje Caleta-Car on a permanent deal from Marseille.
- Manchester City has transferred defender Juan Larios to Southampton for a deal worth reportedly £6 million.
- Leander Dendoncker has joined Aston Villa on a permanent deal from Wolves in a worth reportedly £13 million.
- Chelsea has reportedly sold Billy Gilmour to Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent transfer for £9 million.
- Everton has loaned midfielder Andre Gomes to Lille for the rest of the season.
- Southampton added Samuel Edozie from Manchester City on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.
- Aston Villa added Jan Bednarek on loan from Southampton for the 2022-23 season.
- Nottingham Forest added defensive help with Willy Boly joining on a permanent deal from Wolves.
- Manchester United signed Martin Dubravka on loan from Newcastle United.
- Leicester City added defensive help following Wesley Fofana‘s move to Chelsea, acquiring Wout Faes from Ligue 1 side Stade Reims.
- Real Valladolid acquired Kenedy on a permanent deal from Chelsea.
- Birmingham City has acquired Tahith Chong for reportedly £1.5 million from Manchester United.
- Cardiff City acquired Republic of Ireland forward Callum Robinson on a permanent deal from West Bromwich Albion.
- Valencia added Ilaix Moriba on loan from RB Leipzig for the season.
- RB Leipzig signed Abdou Diallo on loan from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Simone Verdi has joined Hellas Verona on loan from Torino.
- Barnsley added defender Tom Edwards on loan from Stoke City.
- Colchester United added Matty Longstaff on loan from Newcastle United.