One of football’s most heated rivalries reignites this weekend when Scottish giants Rangers and Celtic clash in the final showdown of the Premiership season.
Ange Postecoglou’s squad visits Ibrox Stadium unbeaten in their last five head-to-head matches with Rangers. Celtic has already clinched the league title and lifted the Scottish League Cup, keeping its domestic treble hopes alive with only a few matches left.
Kyogo Furuhashi and Alfredo Morelos headline the attacking units for both squads.
In the English Premier League, Manchester City holds first place by one point with one match in hand. However, Arsenal’s hopes of winning its first Premier League title in 19 years is mathematically still alive going into the weekend.
The Gunners face a must-win match on Saturday when European hopefuls Brighton & Hove Albion visit the Emirates Stadium. The two sides split this year’s matchups with Arsenal winning the reverse fixture in December and Brighton knocking the Gunners out of the EFL Cup in November.
In the United States, Major League Soccer continues with the Houston Dynamo hosting first place Seattle Sounders in a Western Conference top-table duel.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for your free trials of ESPN+ and Paramount+ for all your soccer streaming needs. Make sure you use these SBI-specific links to sign up today, and if you sign up for Paramount+ using our link (and use the offer code SBI) you will receive a free one-week trial.
Here is a look at This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch, as well as a full rundown of This Weekend’s Soccer on TV and Online:
This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch
1. Rangers vs. Celtic – Second place Rangers host fierce rivals Celtic in this weekend’s headliner. Can Rangers end its recent winless run against the current league champions?
2. Arsenal vs. Brighton & Hove Albion – With the Premier League title race coming down to the wire, second place Arsenal host seventh place Brighton & Hove Albion.
3. AS Monaco vs. Lille – Fifth place Lille travels to The Stade Louis-II to take on fourth place AS Monaco. With only four games remaining, both sides will be looking for points to ensure European football for next season.
4. Borussia Dortmund vs. Borussia Monchengladbach – With just three matches remaining in the German Bundesliga, Borussia Dortmund trails Bayern Munich by one point and faces a must win match this weekend against rivals Gladbach.
5. Houston Dynamo vs. Seattle Sounders – The Seattle Sounders have lost back-to-back matches in all competitions and will be seeking a bounce-back result on the road in Texas.
HERE for a closer look at this weekend’s entire schuedle
Multiple reports Tim Tillman has filed his switch paperwork to play for the US. Honestly he was never going to play for Germany but he adds needed depth to the 8 position. Hoping to see the Tillman brothers together at the GC.
Not to mention he’s about to go up against Leon, a playoff team in Mexico and he will face them them in a competitive match in Concacaf Champions League!