The UEFA Champions League Final is upon us with Manchester City and Inter Milan squaring off for the first time.
English Premier League Golden Boot winner, Erling Haaland will look to not only propel the Citizens to their first UCL title, but also cap off a first treble by an English club since 1999. Man City edged rivals Manchester United 2-1 in last weekend’s FA Cup Final and also defeated Arsenal to the league title in May.
Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne, and Ilkay Gündoğa will lead the Citizens in Istanbul against an Inter Milan squad looking to pull a major upset.
Inter Milan finished third in Serie A this season, but could complete a double with a victory on Saturday. Simone Inzaghi’s squad have only lost once in their last 13 matches across all competitions, lifting the Coppa Italia back on May 24.
Lautaro Martinez remains the go-to striker for Inter, but Romelu Lukaku and former Man City attacker Edin Dzeko will also have a point to prove.
With the top European leagues ending last weekend, Major League Soccer also steals the show with a busy weekend slate.
MLS action is headlined by an inter-conference matchup between the San Jose Earthquakes and Philadelphia Union. Jim Curtin’s squad are unbeaten in their last nine league matches, while San Jose has been a tough opponent for most teams at PayPal Park in 2023.
Julian Carranza and Cristian Espinoza headline the deadly attackers for both clubs.
Action continues at PayPal Park when third place Philadelphia Union visit fifth place San Jose Earthquakes. The Union go into San Jose on an eight game unbeaten streak and after an underwhelming start to the season Jim Curtin and his side will look to keep good form.
Elsewhere, DC United visits Atlanta United on Saturday with Christian Benteke and Georgios Giakoumakis leading the lines for their clubs. Sunday’s two-match slate is headlined by the Portland Timbers’ home showdown with FC Dallas at Providence Park.
The FIFA U-20 World Cup concludes with Italy and Uruguay facing off in the tournament final.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for your free trials of ESPN+ and Paramount+ for all your soccer streaming needs. Make sure you use these SBI-specific links to sign up today, and if you sign up for Paramount+ using our link (and use the offer code SBI) you will receive a free one-week trial.
Here is a look at This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch, as well as a full rundown of This Weekend’s Soccer on TV and Online:
This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch
1. Manchester City vs. Inter Milan – Manchester City are heavy favorites coming into Saturday’s UCL final, but Inter Milan has what it takes to pull a major upset.
2. San Jose Earthquakes vs. Philadelphia Union – Third in the East travels to fifth in the West in an intriguing inter-conference MLS clash from PayPal Park.
3. Atlanta United vs. DC United – Christian Benteke and DC United pays Georgios Giakoumakis and Atlanta United a visit at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
4. Portland Timbers vs. FC Dallas – Jesus Ferreira and FC Dallas look to earn a first road win in Portland since 2020.
5. Italy U-20 vs. Uruguay U-20 – Two nations seeking their first U-20 World Cup titles square off in La Plata on Sunday.
HERE for a closer look at this week’s entire schedule: