The MLS season may not be over just yet, but the offseason preparations for next year are already in motion for most teams.
Clubs have already begun waiving players and Monday will be the first big day in the offseason, as the MLS Waiver Draft is set to take place. A total of 42 players have been made available by teams and the New York Red Bulls led the way with 10, including centerback Stephen Keel, goalkeeper Bill Gaudette and forward Corey Hertzog.
Other notable names in the Waiver Draft, which is set to begin at 3:30pm, are former Philadelphia Union midfielder Gabriel Gomez and Sporting Kansas City midfielder Julio Cesar.
Toronto FC have the first pick in the Waiver Draft.
Here is the full list of players available in the MLS Waiver Draft followed by the selection order:
2012 MLS Waiver Draft players
Goalkeepers (3): Bryan Sylvestre (Vancouver), Jeremy Vuolo (NY Red Bulls)
Defenders (11): Jonathan Borrajo (NY Red Bulls), Cyprian Hedrick (Sporting KC), Ian Hogg (Portland). Flo Lechner (New England), Alex Lee (FC Dallas), Porfirio Lopez (Philadelphia), Neven Markovic (Sporting KC), Carlos Rodriguez (FC Dallas), Tyler Ruthven (NY Red Bulls), Nemanja Vukovic (Columbus Crew), Dicoy Williams (Toronto FC), Luis Zapata (Colorado Rapids)
Midfielders (14): Freddie Braun (Portland), Julio Cesar (Sporting KC), Oscar Cordon (Toronto FC), Edu (Colorado Rapids), Gabriel Gomez (Philadelphia), Cole Grossman (Columbus Crew), Evan James (Montreal Impact), Bryan Leyva (FC Dallas), Nico Muniz (Real Salt Lake), Alec Purdie (New England), Jan Gunnar Solli (NY Red Bulls), Teemu Tainio (NY Red Bulls), Tiago Ulisses (Vancouver), Konrad Warzycha (Sporting KC)
Forwards (14): Jose Angulo (NY Red Bulls), Jhonny Arteaga (NY Red Bulls), Etienne Barbara (Vancouver), Blake Brettschneider (New England), Sercan Guvenisic (San Jose), Corey Hertzog (NY Red Bulls), Matias Jara (FC Dallas), Nicholas Lindsay (Toronto FC), Ruben Luna (FC Dallas), Keith Makabuya (Toronto FC), Charles Renken (Portland), Michael Roach (New England), Olman Vargas (Columbus Crew), Krystian Witkowski (Philadelphia)
2012 MLS Waiver Draft selection order:
1. Toronto FC(23 pts)
2. Chivas USA (30 pts)
3. Portland Timbers (34 pts)
4. New England Revolution (35 pts)
5. Philadelphia Union (36 pts)
6. Colorado Rapids (37 pts)
7. FC Dallas (39 pts)
8. Montreal Impact (42 pts)
9. Columbus Crew (52 pts)
10. Vancouver Whitecaps (43 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
11. Chicago Fire (57 pts – Knockout Rd elimination)
12. Real Salt Lake (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
13. New York Red Bulls (57 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
14. Sporting Kansas City (63 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
15. San Jose Earthquakes (66 pts – Conference Semi elimination)
16. Seattle Sounders (56 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
17. DC United (58 pts – Conference Championship elimination)
18. Houston Dynamo (53 pts – MLS Cup finalist)
19. Los Angeles Galaxy (54 pts – MLS Cup finalist)
What do you think of the waiver draft list? Surprised by anyone’s inclusion/omission? Who are you hoping your team picks up
Share your thoughts below.