After a thrilling 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu in its first leg tie, Real Madrid travels to the Etihad Stadium to take on Manchester City with a UEFA Champions League Final berth on the line.
Going into Tuesday’s match, Real Madrid is yet to win at the Etihad Stadium, losing 3-1 in last season’s semifinal match against the Citizens. Man City is one victory away from clinching a fifth English Premier League title in six years, but Pep Guardiola’s squad will put that quest on hold until the weekend.
In Italy, Inter Milan hopes to put the final touches together to eliminate its cross-city rivals AC Milan and reach the UCL Final for the first time since 2010.
Inter has defeated its most fierce rivals in its last three head-to-head matchups by a combined score of 6-0.
The Europa League continues with Juventus traveling to Sevilla for its second leg match against the 20-21 tournament champions. After a 1-1 draw in Turin, both clubs will go into the match with hopes of a final.
On the other side of the bracket, Bayer Leverkusen hosts AS Roma, whom won the first leg match 1-0 thanks to lone goal scorer Edoardo Bove. Jose Mourinho and his side will look to take the next step to their second European trophy under the chosen one.
Despite European tournaments throughout the week, the English Premier League returns on Thursday with third place Newcastle United hosting sixth place Brighton & Hove Albion. With Manchester United tied on points and Liverpool just one point behind the Magpies, Eddie Howe and his side are in desperate need of points if they want Champions League football next season.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for your free trials of ESPN+ and Paramount+ for all your soccer streaming needs. Make sure you use these SBI-specific links to sign up today, and if you sign up for Paramount+ using our link (and use the offer code SBI) you will receive a free one-week trial.
Here is a look at This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch, as well as a full rundown of This Weekend’s Soccer on TV and Online:
This Weekend’s Top 5 Matches to Watch
1. Manchester City vs. Real Madrid – A thrilling 1-1 draw in the first leg leaves both sides with a chance to reach the UEFA Champions League final.
2. Inter Milan vs. AC Milan – Inter Milan host bitter rivals AC Milan in this year’s final edition of the Milan Derby.
3. Sevilla vs. Juventus – After a 1-1 draw in Italy, Juventus travels to Spain to take on Sevilla with hopes of a Europa League Final berth.
4. Bayer Leverkusen vs. AS Roma – A lone goal from Edoardo Bove was enough for Roma to leave the first leg tie with a 1-0 victory last week.
5. Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion – After a world-class performance at the weekend in London, Brighton & Hove Albion travels to St. James Park for its top-table clash with third place Newcastle United.
HERE for a closer look at this weeks entire schedule: